IGNORED

Bike lift

Deadboy

I need a bike lift (table style). I like the looks of the Handy Lift (http://www.handyindustries.com/) but am open to suggestions.

Also should I go with an air powered table or a hydraulic one? I don't expect it to be used all that often (once of twice a month) if that makes a difference. I already tried a cheap (harbor freight) lift and it died promptly at 90 days, so this time around I am looking to spend a bit more and get a good one....

Thanks!!

do a search, i was buying one last year, and started a thread. I think a link to about every table/price range there is was posted in that thread. Do a search and at least two maybe three older thread should come up. If so all you questions will be answered.

When you indicate that the HF lift died right at 90 days, I assume you mean the hydraulic cylinder gave out. Did you check into just trying to find and replacing the cylinder? Or if something else failed, what failed?

The cylinder went from working to not in one day and I just wasn't willing to get a replacement from them (I returned it instead). I checked the oil level (fine) and there were no obvious leaks, so who knows....

I know some folks have had great success with the HF lifts but I am not one of them.

I worked for a John Deere dealer back in the snowmobile days and I had 2 handy lifts with the outriggers, nice. I also bought one for my own use in my shop at home. Sold that a few years back and kick myself for selling it but it had to go at that time. Great working lift,solid,no tipping worries.

You probably remember mine in the garage--I'm really happy with it. If I can help with any questions, let me know.

I had mine delivered to the freight dock and picked it up myself, in the pickup. One thing I discovered is that it's pretty heavy to unload yourself, though I managed to do it. :grin:

I bought a cheap lift a few years back. The deck was short and narrow and that's the part that finally gave out. I was looking into a nre lift but since I don't have a high CFM compressor I had to increase my out of pocket another $200 at least. That brought it close to a grand. About 16 hours of labor later this is what it looks like now. The lift itself was fine, the deck was the bad part.

01.JPG

08.JPG

06.JPG

Don - nice neat set up.

I have a Ranger Model RML 750HD 1650 capcity.

Can by actuated by hand or compressed air.

Came with a lot of extra features as in additonal side mounts for ATV use, also came free with a small scissor jack for transmissions and a wheel chock.

Here is the link - been very happy with it

http://www.rangerproducts.com/products/jacks-and-lifting/motorcycle-lifts/rml-750hd.php

Another option is the Eazy Rizer. (Not a table model.) It is mechanical, simple, takes up little space, hangs on the wall and can be carried by one person. I have had mine for about 4 years and lifted a variety of brands and models of bikes. You can learn more at www.bike-lift.com/

I need a bike lift (table style). I like the looks of the Handy Lift (http://www.handyindustries.com/) but am open to suggestions.

Also should I go with an air powered table or a hydraulic one? I don't expect it to be used all that often (once of twice a month) if that makes a difference. I already tried a cheap (harbor freight) lift and it died promptly at 90 days, so this time around I am looking to spend a bit more and get a good one....

Thanks!!

Deadboy, I have owned a few bike lift tables in my life.. So far the Handy has been the best lift table hands down to anything else I have owned.. Most bike dealers in my area use the Handy lift as their shop lift also..

You can sometimes save the shipping on the Handy if a local dealer carries them.. My local Harley dealer sells the Handy so I got it without paying shipping as they buy them in bulk so they get free shipping..

The Handy is very stable with a heavy bike on it ,, is very easy to get a big bike on & off,, makes a great heavy duty work bench when it has no bike on it.. It also goes pretty low if the wheel clamp is removed so will go under my truck for storage out of the way..

Twisty

I bougbt the Kendon Cruiser-sized lift and have a 1200C on it now for a clutch change. My RT next in line for a spline-lube. (Why not practice on my brother's bike first?)

In a tight garage it is nearly perfect. It does not have a big flat table, so there is no room to lay down tools, but the narrowness is great when you want to roll up close on your shop stool. It is air/hydraulic. I think the air pump is redundant, since the lift raises easility with just the big hydraulic pump handle.

For Canadians, it was a nice surprise to discover I could save nearly $100 oveall when I bought the lift from Universal Cycle, the Canadian distributor in Calgary.

I'd like to add my vote for the Kendon. I own a truly fine Handy and it is all anyone could ask of a lift. Except for it's ample footprint. I keep my stuck under the front of the SUV when not in use to keep it out of the way. I talked a friend into buying the Kendon instead of the Handy because of its unique storage capability. You just lift it up on its end and stick it up against the wall. It practically disappears unlike the Handy which is always under foot. In my humble opinion the Handy is perfect for a motorcycle repair shop. The Kendon is perfect for a hobbyist garage. FWIW.

If you decide on a Handy Lift, give Mike a call over at Broadway Lifts in San Pablo CA ....I bought an air cylinder lift from him a couple of years ago, Happy customer... He has some pretty good prices over there.

sales@broadwaylifts.com : Email

510-233-3443 : Fax

510-367-4000 : Local Phone

No affiliation, just happy with the deal and service.

Calvin  (no socks)

I bought a used Snap-On Desparado from a cycle shop that was going under....His loss was my gain. Electric/Hydraulic...sweet.

My wife likes it for folding laundry.... :grin:

Thanks for all the good suggestions, I did look at the Kendon but want to be able to put my ATV and other yard equipment on the lift, and will just park my ATV over it when not using it. I am considering the electric Handy Lift as my compressor is probably not up to the task but other than that it works great for my needs, so rather than buy another compressor I could just go with the electric version of the lift. I am going to wait until the bike show as Handy usually has a booth and seems to offer some good "extras" at the shows....

I am going to wait until the bike show as Handy usually has a booth and seems to offer some good "extras" at the shows....

We're going on Dec. 20 in the truck. Let me know if you need me to haul anything!

I will keep that in mind Phil. I am going to the Seattle show (previous weekend) so if I can cut a deal that San Mateo event would be the place to pick it up (if they have em)....thanks for the offer!!

Archived