IGNORED

Try this on a R12RT? NO WAY

MachineJoe

CoarsegoldKid

I enjoyed watching the police competition instead. I've tried the tight cones under the guidance of a couple of Fresno PD officers and it ain't easy on an RT. Especially my bought and paid for out of my retirement funds RT. Practice practice practice and then next week practice some more.

Saw him at the track in Daytona where he put on his stunt show for BMW.

It had been raining a light drizzle all day, so the pavement was a little slick.

I remember giggling like a little school kid everytime he skidded to a stop of each run he made.

Watching it again, I still giggle. :grin:

I saw him September 2005 at the Lime Rock CT show - he was doing all you see on the youtube vid on an LT!! It was amazing - the guy is a sicko! Here he is doing a full turn on the rear wheel aboard his F.

lr5.jpg

-MKL

Very impressive......now let's see him ride the curves! :dopeslap:

Actually, I believe Jean Pierre has the record for the longest wheelie. If he could turn with one wheel in the air, imagine what he could do with both on the ground.

I wonder if he's using some sort of custom reduced final drive gearing...

Yeah, I find it hard to get the front end up on the RT. Maybe a different clutch too?

I wonder if he's using some sort of custom reduced final drive gearing...

Yeah, I find it hard to get the front end up on the RT. Maybe a different clutch too?

The bike is supplied by BMW. As I understand it, it has no ABS, non-linked brakes and a few other tweaks to allow the stunting.

Ceramic clutches are available from Wunderlich but I do not know if this bike has one.

Andy

Shoot the 12RT I demo rode in Daytona wheelied just fine..... technique?

Good technique will let you wheelie almost any bike. [sidetrack]One of my friends has never been able to wheelie his 750VFR, much to his dismay. One evening whilst leaving work I see him walking toward the bike parking, so I wheelied past him on my R1150RT. Next day at work was fun :grin: [/sidetrack]

Andy

The bike is supplied by BMW. As I understand it, it has no ABS, non-linked brakes and a few other tweaks to allow the stunting.

Ceramic clutches are available from Wunderlich but I do not know if this bike has one.

Andy

that makes sense from him using the rear to steer

Man was that impressive, and the dragging of the tail rack was sick.

the resolution was sort of fuzzy but in the end he jumps off the bike and puts the side stand down at the same time - very slick

Archived