IGNORED

Windscreen options that eliminate high speed push and pass buffeting

travelinman

travelinman

Hello

I've done some searching on the archives and wonder if anybody has an opinion regarding replacement screens for an 04 RT. Specifically one that will not beat my S/O to death or push me forward when cruising at 90 or so.

Thanks

Allan

I got a Cee Bailey's number 2 Euro cut, plus 4.5 inches. It works well, is of high quality, and for me, it addresses the issues you describe. Good luck.

Les is more

A second vote for the Cee Bailey's Screen. I recently had occasion to ride behind Jamie on my own bike which has the euro cut shield. The air was much smoother than what I've experienced on the back of Jamie's bike. His also has a Cee Bailey's, but without the euro cut. We both agree that the Euro cut provides the cleanest air and you get protection while keeping the ability to see over the shield.

I would PM Steve (Airtire) and get his advice on what size shield to go with. There are many options and he can make your choice easier.

I'm an outlier but have an Aeroflow that's worked like a charm. Use it year-round, putting up with the reduced wind flow because it's effectiveness at wind management and, in particular, reduced noise are wonderful.

checked and mine is the 2.5 euro. down here in florida don't need a huge screen due to the heat. noise, buffeting, etc. are excellent. i really like it.

have the C-B euro-cut on my 04 rt. much better than stock. believe mine is the 2.5" and i really like it.

Same here. 5'11 and works great for me.

Thanks folks. I'll be making the call today.

Allan

Not to take business away from Steve, but there's usually at least one CB for sale in the classifieds, as well many on ebay.

Bought my CB #2 (non-euro) +4.5 for something close to $70. The seller said it was 'scratched,' but I'll be darned if I could see it!

M

Archived