IGNORED

BMW's unfortunate marketing decision

Helga

I just learned that BMW will not be represented at most of the International Motorcycle shows including the Seattle market related to costs! This includes our local delearships...Huge disappointment!

Went to the show here in Phoenix this weekend. Last time I attended I sat on the then new K1200GT, and afterwards went to the dealer and bought one. I would have liked to sit on a F800GS this time, haven't seen one yet. Who knows what the result would have been. This year's show was disappointing overall. In and out in about an hour. Only memorable displays in my opinion were some of the vintage bikes, Ducatti and KTM. Rest of show was ho-hum. Two friends expressed same.

+1. Actually I should say +6 because I went with a group of riding buddies. Doubt if any of us will even go next year. It was a real disappointment, like you I did enjoy the vintage bikes but the lack of manufacturer displays and vendors didn't offer much else to see.

Silver Surfer/AKAButters
Went to the show here in Phoenix this weekend. Last time I attended I sat on the then new K1200GT, and afterwards went to the dealer and bought one. I would have liked to sit on a F800GS this time, haven't seen one yet. Who knows what the result would have been. This year's show was disappointing overall. In and out in about an hour. Only memorable displays in my opinion were some of the vintage bikes, Ducatti and KTM. Rest of show was ho-hum. Two friends expressed same.

+1. No BMW, no Moto Guzzi, no Aprilia,some nice classics and no First Gear heated riding apparel. What kind of bike show was this? Anyway, it was a great day for a ride and I did enjoy the seeing some of the classics. Great venue too.

My two riding partners agreed as well.

I started a thread on this subject 10/15 if you want to see other responses (search international motorcycle shows). I also sent BMW a comment but, surprise, no response.

I agree, makes no sense to me. It's like punting on first down.

Can any of you marketing professionals give us some insights.

P.S. Sounds like there was a poor showing from the companies selling Accessories?

russell_bynum

Can any of you marketing professionals give us some insights.

I'm not a marketing professional, but it seems to me that if you've got limited marketing budget, you should spend it in the places that are most likely to generate a large return.

They're doing the Long Beach show, but not Phoenix. SoCal is a HUGE market. Phoenix is not.

I'm going to lock this thread...please continue this discussion in the existing thread from earlier this month: here

Archived