IGNORED

Plastic removal

cwillson

Yes, it was in the tail section but a factory service bulletin allowed the dealers to move it under the right front fairing--- if the customer wanted.

Mine is still in the tail, and it is always 7 or 8 degrees warm, but I can do the math.

I've taken the plastic off my '05RT several times and never saw the temp sensor shown in this instruction. What is it for?

Same with my '05 Joe.......Sensor must be in another place on our bikes...Rearward I think.....I've never looked for it and didn't have dealer move it........

Thanks for the pics and instructions but I still can't figure out why I have a T-25 left over each time I remove and re-install :mad:...Didn't see anything in the pics to clue me in...Must just have an extra......But from where?...'Tis a mystery, Holmes.....

"Yes, it was in the tail section but a factory service bulletin allowed the dealers to move it under the right front fairing--- if the customer wanted. Mine is still in the tail, and it is always 7 or 8 degrees warm, but I can do the math." :(

Totally ditto here!!

Nice n Easy Rider

Same with my '05 Joe.......Sensor must be in another place on our bikes...Rearward I think.....I've never looked for it and didn't have dealer move it........

Thanks for the pics and instructions but I still can't figure out why I have a T-25 left over each time I remove and re-install :mad:...Didn't see anything in the pics to clue me in...Must just have an extra......But from where?...'Tis a mystery, Holmes.....

Reminds me of the time I helped a friend replace a timing chain in his fiat. Ended up with > 1/2 dozen nuts, bolts & screws but the car ran fine for another 100+K until he got rid of it. Sometimes you just get lucky.

Reminds me of the time I helped a friend replace a timing chain in his fiat. Ended up with > 1/2 dozen nuts, bolts & screws but the car ran fine for another 100+K until he got rid of it. Sometimes you just get lucky.

Well, everything is tight and nothing shakes but have to admit that one day I took all the plastic off and put it back on just to find where that D*#@ed T-25 went....Still didn't find an empty hole :dopeslap:.....Has to be from somewhere else or from Kathy's bike....

CoarsegoldKid

Mine is still in the tail, and it is always 7 or 8 degrees warm, but I can do the math.

Whenever I pass a time and temp sign, like at a bank, I look at the temp gauge then dig out the calculator, crunch the numbers, and it is always lower by 6 degrees.

08 bike with temp sensor up front - with in 2 degrees looking at the bank and other thermometers.

It is off when i let the bike sit for a while and then drive off - residual heat from engine - once underway with regular air flow drops back down.

I would rather have an accurature fuel gauge than an accurate temp gauge :lurk:

Archived