IGNORED

Tankbag Modification

Vicious_Cycler

Vicious_Cycler

For some time I have lusted after the Marsee Mr. Pockets 20l Corona-mount tankbag. After my Tank Locker died, I lucked up on a NIB Marsee on Ebay for roughly half-price and dream fulfilled! However, as with many dream relationships...

The bars contact the side pockets in lock to lock positions. Not so bad to the right, but left lock contacts the horn button causing an immediate state of alarm, disconcertion, and embarassment. I also find myself not turning to lock when U-turning or foot-manuvering the bike while astride. Of course, knowing how far I can turn the bars without blowing the horn is a exercise above my level of precision. Thus, I am driven to distraction when moving around at parking lot speeds.

I am hopeful of creative remedy suggestions from the great minds here on the board. For starters I have considered:

1) removing the offending pocket :mad:

2) moving the Corona ring to my old tankbag :mad::(

3) rigging a cut-off switch for the horn used during above manuvering :mad::(:cry:

I would really like to know what others think as a possible solution. Thanks!

My Big Mac pushes the windshield down button at left lock, and after a parking lot maneuver I have to reset it. It is disconcerting, but no on knows but me!

You mean you can actually hear the horn??? :eek:

Actually, I would try to construct a shield around the horn button.... Still easy to press with a gloved finger, but blocked from a large relatively flat object like the tank bag.

small piece of velcro on the insides of the pocket to keep that part of the pocket that hits the horn narrow and still use the rest of the pocket

The horn is an upgrade. Maybe I should put the original back on. :/ A sheild, brilliant!, super glued maybe?

Superglue, Velcro, or small screw....

I have the Marsee 20 liter soft bag and really like it. But the straps are a PITA at each fuel stop.So I am working on a solution that would work on any tank bag.I am machining an aluminum ring that will screw to the top of the tank with longer screws. The ring will have a pattern of "keyholes" and there will be a plastic piece with twist-in keyholes that will allow the tank bag to be snapped in or off in a matter of seconds. This plastic part will be either riveted or attached to the tank bag base with grommets and my misery will be over.

Archived