IGNORED

How about those Texas Tech Red Raiders!

Bullett

You guys won't believe this, but I had to watch it from home with a fractured tibia from a dual sport ride last weekend. :cry:

Karan and our daughter went and they just got home (12:30) the place was still rocking.

I agree with Leach, this one means nothing if we don't beat OK State next week.

I like this quote from the yahoo article on the game....

"... To play the first half in a confused fog, get knocked around the field, and still manage to fight your way back into the game to take a lead with a minute and a half to go, that's epic, championship stuff. Colt McCoy was a legend forever for the comeback and game-winning drive in the middle of a hostile desert mad house. People were painting images of him and preparing brands to put his face on their cows..."

I like this quote from the yahoo article on the game....

"... To play the first half in a confused fog, get knocked around the field, and still manage to fight your way back into the game to take a lead with a minute and a half to go, that's epic, championship stuff. Colt McCoy was a legend forever for the comeback and game-winning drive in the middle of a hostile desert mad house. People were painting images of him and preparing brands to put his face on their cows..."

That ought to get someone a B in their HS jounalism class. :D

McCoy called it when he said the winner would probably be the last one with the ball.

I've got to figure out how to get into the stands next week now.

No vested interest in either team, but I tuned in thinking it would be a good game. Turned out to be a GREAT game. What a finish.

TT's combo of Graham Harrell and Michael Crabtree were really fun to watch. I didn't know a heck of a lot about either other than the press, but both look like they'll be playing on Sundays.

"My" team won to boot. If I'm not favoring either team I always choose the underdog. Being the home team was a double win, so I was cheering big time by the end.

I was switching around between the TCU-UNLV game; the Texas-Texas Tech game; and the Utah-New Mexico game. The Texas-Texas Tech game was by far the most exciting.

As a TCU alum from the old Southwest Conference days, I don't have a great deal of affection for either Texas or Texas Tech, but I do love a hard fought game that comes down to the wire (unless my team loses).

I just saw the score and some highlights when I got back from a camping trip to the desert this weekend. I loved seeing that score. That should throw another wrench into the BCS standings. College football is the best!!!

I agree with Leach, this one means nothing if we don't beat OK State next week.

I am an Aggie fan so, naturally I don't like t.u. or Tech... however, I did enjoy the heck out of that game. I actually like Colt McCoy, even though he does wear that ugly orange uniform :)

Two things .... I am so glad that Tech won that game. It would have been a shame if they dominated t.u. like that the whole game and then let them win. Tech deserved that game. The other thing.... Leach out-coached Brown big time. Leach is a little crazy, but he is a great coach. I love the fact that, year after year, he has taken kids that none of the "big" programs wanted, and made them winners. Gotta respect that.

BTW, I just saw the new BCS standings .... Tech is in at #2. I know there is an argument for Penn State but I think Tech deserves #2. I just hope they run the table and get a shot at the championship. It would be great to see someone new in there.

DB

Tech has OK State next week, then an off week before playing Oklahoma, and finish up with Baylor. A long row to hoe before the MNC, but I like the way it has all lined up. Any team who can pull a kid off the field kicking for rent and end up w/ a 9/9 game against Kansas has its' rabbit foot working. I was nervous as all get out thinking last night's game would come down to a field goal.

Leach is my hero!

There were more than a few coaches laughing at him over the years. I wonder if they are still laughing today?

EDIT: Looks like Tech is now ranked #2 Knocked Texas clear down to #5.

Here's how it lines up. For now.

1; Alabama

2; Texas Tech

3; Penn State

4; Texas

5; Florida

It'll be an interesting road to the championship, to say the least.

Leach is my hero!

There were more than a few coaches laughing at him over the years. I wonder if they are still laughing today.

Eric, I watched--and absolutely loved--the game, but what's the deal with Leach? I've not followed his coaching career.

Great article. I like this guy already! Now I understand that pulling the kicker from the stands was more ordinary than not! :grin:

I say strength of schedule brings the winner of the SEC championship game & Big 12 championship game together for the final #1.

However it plays out, I just hope the eventual National Champ is unbeaten.

Sorry, Matt. That would leave Floriduh out, wouldn't it? :lurk:

You know Danny, Alabamastan still has to get through the Georgia Dome... And as a Bama fan you know how hard those late season losses are to deal with.

It's certainly more entertaining than political propaganda, I mean infomercials....

Leach is quite the character. I like him, and this was really his big signature win. Congratulations to Tech. :thumbsup:

Now they have to keep their focus because Oklahoma is coming for them and, boy howdy are they good. I'm sure the shuck'n they put on my Huskers this weekend colors my commentary, but I really think OU is top to bottom a VERY solid team.

Strength of schedule will not overcome Jopaism.

Penn State unbeaten will = trip to the BCS championship game where they will ?

I don't think T Tech will go unbeaten, but hope they do.

I don't think anyone will go through the SEC unbeaten.

So, an unbeaten Penn State plays whatever team the pollsters want to send and that could be Florida, Alabama, SoCal, Big 12 winner w/one loss.

I don't think we'll know until after Big 12 and SEC title games which might open the back door for Southern Cal.

I hope SCaliwags drop another game. The NCAA is footdragging and beating around the BUSH when they know darn good and well that there were improprieties.

"We can't get anyone to talk to us" they (NCAA) say, so hang 'em out to dry until they do.

I do not think Penn State could offer TT at this moment a good football game...I think it would take a good not-necessarly un-beaten SEC team to play TT in the championship game if TT can make it.....

Outside of the Texas / TT game the best game this year maybe Florida / Bama in the SEC title game....The DAWGS will not be there.....

I am sorry I have tried to be nice to Danny as much as I could in this post but what the HECK..........GO GATORS!!!!!

... the best game this year maybe Florida / Bama in the SEC title game....

I am sorry I have tried to be nice to Danny as much as I could in this post but what the HECK..........GO GATORS!!!!!

Saban is Satan. As a 'Nole fan, it pains me to say this, but I hope the Gators put that big 'ol CHOMP on Bama.

Jake, I feel your pain since I'm a Hurricane. Go Gators/whoever plays Penn State (this year's Ohio State) will be the winner.

Well the Noles did beat the Bamalaphants last year.

Style points? :grin:

Bill, it won't be about the matchup, it'll be about the BCS number and I'll garundamtee that an unbeated PS team will be there.

As a UT grad many years ago, I was pulling for a Texas win. Sad to say, but the Tech line just played better than Texas. It was a well deserved win for Tech.

Now, if we can just beat the Aggies! (Sorry Whip)

NY Times article

Here's newer article from the NY Times.

Get ready for another shootout in Lubbock tomorrow night, OK State hasn't won in Lubbock since WWII. Harrell threw for almost 700 yards last year and lost. It looks like a lot of the pundits are picking OSU. Tech has been an underdog to all the ranked teams they've played this year. I'm going to do my best to be in the stands, broken leg and all.

A long night, and my knee is throbbin', but what a game. OK State kept looking to be on the verge of a breakout, but Tech kept them on the ropes some how. Harrel and Crabtree were on fire.

I thought Bobby Knight brought a lot of attention to Lubbock, but it's amazing what being in the BCS hunt will do for a school. The admissions office has been going nuts since last week, you can't turn on a sports talk show without hearing some discussion about Tech or Leach. You can't pay for that kind of exposure.

mAN 'O mAN are those cats fun to watch..! What an offense. I think I saw the #1 team in the country playing to night. Dust the trophy case - I think a big one will be displayed in a few months. wow.!

They are awesome.

Penn State did a typical Big 10/11 swoon (although I had thought they'd run the table).

Florida will beat Alabama in the SEC game.

USC (insert :yawn:)

The team that wins the Big 12 vs. SEC.

Gators win. (Insert large :coughing: :gagging: from Seminole fan).

TexTek going unbeaten would be quite a story.

I could live with that.

Everyone is in church giving thanks to Guns up Jesus this morning. There will be a lot of praying prior to the trip to Norman, that will be the next bigggest game in the history of this season. What a meat grinder.

4090.jpg

4090.jpg.5505bdbb29c1cc9be3c2d34022641069.jpg

Tech did great last night. We watched the Texas game and we watched the OK State game last night .... because to be honest we have heard the story before that they had a defense to go with that high-powered offense and it was never actually true, but this year looks like they finally delivered on that .... my wife was saying "man, these guys are fun to watch" ... yes they are.

Can't wait to see what they do with OK in Norman. Should be a good one. You better beat Oklahoma after the way they embarassed my Ags yesterday ! :)

DB

After UT lost to TT, I'm pulling for Tech to go undefeated. If they lose to OU and there is a three way tie for the southern division, who will go to the championship game?

Florida will beat Alabama in the SEC game.

WRONG!!!

The Gators won't know what hit 'em when they go up against

Avoid the rush. Start feeling sorry for Tebow now. :grin:

Danny,

I''ll betcha.

I don't drink so howsabout this, if'n the Gators win, you have to drink 2 beers.

If the Gators lose you have to drink 4 beers.

If you don't drink either, make Matt drink all six. :grin:

GUNS UP !!!!!!!! My two sons attend Texas Tech. They kicked Oklahoma State and now only have OSU to contend with.
What's the difference? :)

(OU in two weeks.)

Oh, and my guess is actually for a TT/UofF championship game this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, just a couple of hours to go. I'm thinking there'll be a lot of folks watching tonight, wish Leach and the Raiders luck. It gets crazier every week around here.

Eric,

The Tigers play Denton Ryan at Lowrey field next Friday. Might be a great game to come out for!

Eric,

The Tigers play Denton Ryan at Lowrey field next Friday. Might be a great game to come out for!

I'm afraid the weekend has been taken. I'm spending the first Thanksgiving with family in about ten years.

As for tonight, I got a new TV just for the game! GUNS UP!

I don't blame you! Have a happy Turkey Day. I'm still nursing the leg or I'd have been down in Pecos today.

I hope you're getting the big show in HD tonight!

Ok, I'll be the first to step up and face the music. I've been with this team a long time, and always will be. It looked like this might be a miracle year, but at best, it'll be a good one. The Big 12 South is just a big meat grinder this year.

Archived