IGNORED

Changes between 2008 and 2009

RichardM

Does anyone know what changes were made to the 2009 R1200RT over the 2008 model?

I'm thinking about purchasing a R1200RT. The dealer in Loveland, CO has three '09's and an '08 demo bike with just under 500 miles on the odometer. The salesman indicated they might be able to kick in the top box on the '08 if I wanted to make a deal. I'm wondering if BMW made any significant improvements in the '09 model that might make that a better deal.

I searched the forum looking to see if this has been asked before, but I didn't find anything which is why I'm asking.

Be aware that BMW has a year end program that at least gives you $750 in accessories and maybe even more starting in October-$1250 and low interest rate. See BMW website for details. Think the bikes are same. I would expect a decent discount on an 08 vs 09. I bought an 08 in Aug

The sales guy said they would give $500 off the list on the '08 and the 600 mile service check for free. I didn't think that was such a great deal. As I was walking out of the store he told me that they might also be able to through in the top case which is over $900.

Did you pay list price for your '08 in August?

I paid list in late, late June, but, by the time I physically took possession in July, the $750 in dealer incentives was active, which the dealer gave to me w/o my asking... They also wired in the front accessory outlet directly to the battery w/ an inline fuse...

I negotiated $1700 off msrp on my new '08. And that was in early july. I had my own financing (5.99%) too. You should be able to do better than that on an '08 now.

They added black as a color. That is the only change I recall.

Although "black" is not a color, I guess for this purpose one would have to consider it a color if only for the reason that "serious opaqueness" just doesn't roll off the tongue.

Wikipedia joins me in cutting you some slack.

:grin:

Hmmm. So black is now opaque? I can live with that. Too bad you could not make it to Agua Caliente this weekend. It was beautiful out in the desert. Did a nice 125 mile loop on Saturday thru Julian, Mt. Laguna, Pine Valley, and Engineers Rd.

Saw the black RT in person - i did not like it in that color and i LOVE black.

It is not the black saphire as on the cars, it looked sort of a light black (if that makes sense)

Glad i got the blue one

YMMV

It appears from the '09 spec sheet on the BMW site that all the options are again available individually rather than mostly in packages. On my '08 I had to buy the package that included chrome exhaust, heated seats, and one or two other things I could have done without, in order to get the cruise control I really did want.

Hmmm. So black is now opaque? I can live with that. Too bad you could not make it to Agua Caliente this weekend. It was beautiful out in the desert. Did a nice 125 mile loop on Saturday thru Julian, Mt. Laguna, Pine Valley, and Engineers Rd.

Trust me....I thought about it hard. I just couldn't get away. Once Nancy said she was "in" for the SouthCoaster meeting (a rarity), I couldn't pass up that opportunity.

Maybe next time.

Archived