IGNORED

Front Master Cylinder Bore Size

Lucas2Bosch

Dave I have just replaced the MC on my 94.(ouch) It was the same MC that you have. Mine was working great but the rear cup(u-ring) was leaking. I found a company that would make replacement u-rings for me. ($24 minimum) I ordered 6 of the cups and they worked fine but the pitting in the MC caused them to fail. I didn't think of honing the pits out and then having a slightly larger cup made. That is an option. Another, which I did was sending the old MC to a firm in CA. and had it bored and sleeved. It looks great but I haven't tried it yet.

Lee

.... I didn't think of honing the pits out and then having a slightly larger cup made....

As long as the honed bore is in spec, you/I shouldn't need a larger seal (don't think I would even want a larger seal without a larger piston).

The main thing is, I don't want to spend the money for a rebuild kit, and then not be able to use it because my bore is out of spec.

I understand what you're saying. If you decide to have yours sleeved it cost me around $80 shipped and it looks really good. I've had really good luck with my inquiries to the mechanic at North Dallas BMW Triumph in Plano.

Archived