IGNORED

R1100RT - Spark Plug Recommendations?

rixmix

It's that time again for new plugs. I can't find the prior posts so thought I'd open it up to fellow user recommendations. My bike has 23,000 and has always had moderate surging; not sure that the plugs will help that much but I'm open to others' experiences. Thx

The Autolite 3923 seem to be the most popular alternative plug, with many reporting smoother running over the stock dual-electrode plug. Plus they're under 3 bucks a pair at Walmart.

Unhofliche_Gesundheit

to add to this.... my walmart doesnt have autolite so via the phone found car parts place that did - couple of bucks each they said. however next day i was shocked (hehe) when got to the checkout and they told me 30$ for 4 plugs (2 + 2 extra for October 2010).

turns out not just high canadian prices and taxes komrads- turns out there is AL2929 or AP3923 where P = platinum. As the original plugs are platinum I decided to splurge on 'em. still less than half the price of the dealer.

bike now in rude health i.e running great (also with valves and tb synch). i gaped at 0.035" (after reading posts here)

+1 on the Bosch 4418's. Went to them at about 10K miles on my 97. They eliminated the minor surge that I had at that time. That was 130K miles and 6 or 7 sets ago. I change once a year. For me that is somewhere between 15 and 20K miles. They have always looked good when they came out.

• 6 years later...

Archived