IGNORED

Seat Poll

Motorrad4fun

Seat Choice  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Going on a weekend trip the Wife has figured out that it will be a little colder than she had thought.

It will only be a couple of days in the mountains.

I gave her the choice of heated seat, or comfy ride. She went with the heated seat.

I have the heated seat because it came with the bike and it worked fine. HOWEVER, I can sit on my Day-Long without any issues for, well Days.

You can imagine it has been a little debate ever since.

I guess it makes sense for her to go with heated even though she likes the day-Long.

Feel free to vote on your choice and let me (us) know why!

Francois_Dumas

I can't vote because I wouldn't know. I ride a stock seat all through Winter and am fine with it. Nina doesn't come along when it is cold anyway :dopeslap:

My Rick Meyer custom seat maintains the original seat's heat ability. Doesn't Russell offer that?

Yes they do, however I would have lost the control at the handlebars and they would have installed a button on the side of the seat.

If they would have been able to heat the seat with the original wiring I would have it that way.

Thanks for all the replies,

Stefan

If they would have been able to heat the seat with the original wiring I would have it that way.
You can. You may have to fiddle with the connectors a bit, but it will work just fine.
Lone_RT_rider
You can. You may have to fiddle with the connectors a bit, but it will work just fine.

They told me something a bit different.....

Hello,

What we do is retain the stock heaters with no additional cost to you. Every thing would be the same as it was stock. Except your seat will be comfortable.

Thank you, Heather

That was a reply from Russel seats.

Shawn

Same from Rick Meyer. Heated seats retain their original function and there's no extra charge for heated seats. The thing that kept me away from selecting a Sargent seat was the $100+ charge for a heated seat.

Heated seat. If you have to ask why, you wouldn't get it. :D

Because a female .. um.. anatomy is different. So I'm told.

I voted for the heated seat for two reasons. okay three reasons:

#1 My girl gets cold when it's 80F and sunny.

#2 It's just a weekend trip. Lots of folks can sit on a spare tire for a day or so.... You'll be Okay.

And #3, A.K.A. the #1 reason: She WANTS the heated seat. (Look at it this way - it's not like you still have to BUY the thing. It's FREE at this point.) Just put it on there, and keep her happy!

If she's riding pillion I can't comment because I think the stock pillion seat is damn uncomfortable, and I have never ridden a custom on the front or back.

I think the stock driver's (low) seat is fine. I recognize I'm in the minority.

Archived