Won't Start

decorbin

Just got back to my winter home, and my K12S which has been unused for some time won't start. The battery is fully charged....it was on a battery tender the full time in storage. When I turn the key on, the display just flutters and does not got through the checks. I checked the battery terminals...they are clean and the connections are tight. I even disconnected and reconnected the battery.

I am due to take it in for service on Wednesday, but will probably have to get a tow.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

The battery is fully charged

How is it that you know this?

If you have a volt meter check the voltage.

...will probably have to get a tow.

Or a new battery.

I agree with Mr Sweet Pea. Your battery is probably toast. I have heard of more than one instance where long term use of a battery tender can have detrimental effects on batteries. Or, you battery just died like they have a tendency to do. Either way, I would be willing to bet that a new battery will cure your problem. <<<<>>>>>

DE,

You did the best you could. I have 5 Battery Tenders attached to various vehicles full time. Never seen one fail. Some of my batteries are over 8 years old and the BT has kept them like new.

Like Ed suggested, put a meter on the battery and see what you have for voltage both key off and key on.

If you just used a generic trickle charger, all bets are off. They will kill a battery with long term use.

Mick

• 2 weeks later...

Archived