IGNORED

So I got a new LCD HD Monitor....

BULLman

but I haven't been able to change the display - it still reads CRT.

It is also saying I have a non-digital conncection [using the same connection has I did with my CRT - VGA]

When I bought my HP a6400f [Vista], there was an inital setup for the display [where you had to adjust resolution so there was a circle displayed].

Went from a 17in CRT to a 19in emachines widescreen 1440x900 HD-ready Monitor [E19T6W]

Is there a setting where I can fully optimize my new monitor? Or, am I already there?

Screen Looks greats [but sometimes web pages don't always fit]

Videos play fine

Resolution already set at 1440x900

I don't want to spend for extra cables.

Happy with the monitor, but it irks me that I can remember doing the intial monitor set-up and I can't get back to it.

Thanks for the help.

spend the extra $10 $15 on a dvi cable. It'll be worth it.

( assuming you have a dvi port on your video card and monitor. If not, you're as good as you'll get with this setup.)

spend the extra $10 $15 on a dvi cable. It'll be worth it.

( assuming you have a dvi port on your video card and monitor. If not, you're as good as you'll get with this setup.)

Guess I am at the maximum. No dvi port on my computer. I have one on my monitor.

Thanks, as always.

Well, if it ever becomes an issue, getting a PCIe video card is pretty inexpensive (if you don't play a lot of first person shooter games) for a desktop computer with a PCIe slot. Something like this would work well ($29 A/R of $10).

However, if you're OK with how things are now, there's no need to spend more - right?

However, if you're OK with how things are now, there's no need to spend more - right?

Yep. But, this is not the first purchase that didn't cost me...

Ipod [Max'd out my computer, bought adapters, cables, remotes,etc;]

DVD Burner [showed how slow my computer was. Took 2+ hrs to burn a DVD. New computer does it 20 minutes]

Those purchases led to a external HD as I quickly filled up my old HD [Also showed how slow my old computer was. Took 24+ hrs to backup my 80Gb HD.]

Which all brought me to a purchase of a brand new compuer [old one was 6yrs old]. It wouldn't been so bad, but I still don't have a job. I really wouldn't of noticed, but because I got laid off I used the computer more.

Good news is that I was able to return my old computer back to respectible speed by removing all the yahoo toolbars, online proctection and other crap. Its fast, but not protected [not on line either :/]

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

So, today my computer and LCD monitor finally talked and decided to see each other as they really are.

On my Display section, there were many more resolutions to choose from.

Things are finally in the right prespective :thumbsup:

Don't know how it did this, but there was a recent update that got processed :/

Thanks again for all who had suggestions. :thumbsup:

Archived