IGNORED

RT vs GT

paws4u

I am contemplating replacing my 2003 R1150RT (100K km)...a great bike that I truly love to ride. I demo rode a 2008 R1200RT and 2008 K1200GT earlier this summer. The BIG question is which one. The RT absolutely felt very comfortable and familiar...no problem jumping on the RT and tossing it around. The GT had an entirely different feel, sound and POWER band that made me smile. So, do I repeat the path of conservatism or break out into new territory? I'm looking for a logical list of pros and cons for each.

Imagine that you live near Paris, France. Both - all - bikes are limited to 107BHP by law.

Which one would you choose?

Now take away the horsepower limit.

Which one would you choose now?

Lets_Play_Two

"I'm looking for a logical list of pros and cons for each."

Doesn't exist!!!!

You need to ride both. I went from an '03 RT to an '07 GT. I like whatever I am riding. You will hear about more power for the GT, but less weather protection, etc., etc., etc., everyone "defends" their own ride and decision. :)

I went back and forth on this subject. Sold my 03 KRS this past Jan. Looked and rode both serveal times. You know all the pro's and con's from this site and "search's". The straw that broke the choice was... I can do all the repairs on the RT with my tool box. The new GT like my old KRS, some items could be hard here in my garage.

At first the RT was not the KRS, but after 5000 miles... You would have to tear it from my hands. Also I had the Pirates backrest on the KRS, and the wife loves the Large Top Box for comfort and support. RT..great MPG 51+, workable, does all what the KRS did, just a tad slower on Zoom Zoom.

Just my view

LVMYKS (luvmyKathyand KRS)

John, Northeast Florida

I own them both: '07 K12GT and '08 R12RT. Two very different bikes. The GT quite a bit heavier both in handling and actual weight. The RT IMO more nimble with better weather protection. The RT seems to bring out the 'touring' side of me while the GT seems to bring out a more aggressive riding style. (the throaty full-Remus on the GT adds to this).

If I had to choose just one? Uhhhh, toughy!

Imagine that you live near Paris, France. Both - all - bikes are limited to 107BHP by law.

The French screw up everything.

Sheesh.

:grin:

Archived