IGNORED

Are there any alternatives to BMW boots?

OlGeezer

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my BMW boots. I talked my sister into them (she rides a Honda) and SHE loves BMW boots. They are the most comfortable boots I've ever owned. When I bought them (my second pair), I really didn't want to pay $300 for them. Right next to them were Oxtar boots for $200. I wore a BMW boot onmy left foot and an Oxtar boot on my right foot. The comfort is night was night and day. I ended up paying the extra $100. But, alas, they've got about 65k miles on them and the soles are getting thin. My local cobbler says he can't resole them because they are one piece. The price for new BMW boots have gone up to $360.

Are there any other options?

Personally, I am very impressed with Daytona boots. A company that has a very good name here in the UK for their aftersales service, including resoling,

Personally, I am very impressed with Daytona boots. A company that has a very good name here in the UK for their aftersales service, including resoling,

I too was very impressed with Daytona until I discovered Alt-Berg, better quality at half the price. Hand-made in North Yorkshire, England.

Linky

Andy

I find SIDI boots very comfortable and of high quality. I recently got a pair of Aerostich Combat Lite boots that are made by SIDI (SIDI lable on the inside). Very high quality and comfortable.

I have been very pleased with Sidi Sport Tepor Boots. Before these I had purchased a pair of Black Sheep Boots which I wear in cooler weather. These are wonderful boots also, but I think the company is no longer in business.

Bill

You may want to check out the sale at Fairchild Sports sale on Sat. Nov. 8 at 15602 Mosher Ave. in Tustin. I got a pair of boots from them that I am still wearing for $60 or so.

P.S. I just had my cobbler put new soles on a pair of Sears workboots I use for riding on occasion and they look better than when they were new.

aerostich combat boots are about $200.00 but last forever and can be resoled. I like SIDI even though they arestill in the $200.00 range. No one says your motorcycle boots have to be motorcycle boots. I ride with a set of North Face climbing boots that cost $139.00 because they are very warm in the winter and definitely waterproof.

I saw a couple of people on this board recommend crusierworks. On the way to the BRR I picked up a pair of these.

The were comfortable right out the gate, are waterproof, and look good. I give them a solid recommendation.

Although I ride with the BMW boots myself I have had pretty good luck with the Tourmaster stuff, and any Sidi products as well. I think that Sidi actualy makes some of the BMW stuff.

Combat Touring Boots...all the way!!! I've owned mine for years, two IBR's and countless hot day/cold rainy night miles. They're awesome.

They DO look pretty good. These are probably my next pair of boots (whenever they do wear out).

CoarsegoldKid

I have yet to find a dealer or any motorcycle store that sells Sidi. Buying mail order for shoes doesn't work for me. For you California riders where have you seen them for sale.

thanks

I have yet to find a dealer or any motorcycle store that sells Sidi. Buying mail order for shoes doesn't work for me. For you California riders where have you seen them for sale.

thanks

Joe I use Newenough. Their return policy's easy to work with, so in the past I've purchased a couple of sizes and returned what I didn't need.

aerostich combat boots are about $200.00 but last forever and can be resoled. I like SIDI even though they arestill in the $200.00 range. No one says your motorcycle boots have to be motorcycle boots. I ride with a set of North Face climbing boots that cost $139.00 because they are very warm in the winter and definitely waterproof.

CBTs are closer to $280.00 now, but that's still a good deal compared to other good boots that cost around $340.00.

I bought my Sidi Boots from Metric Bikes Superstore in Little Rock, AR. Service was great. I had a problem with a zipper; it was repaired ar no charge and the guy said the boots have a lifetime warranty on the zippers and the waterproofing. The phone number for the store I dealt with is 501-223-8822 and I am sure they ship all over. This is an AR phone number. No affiliation whatsoever; just a customer who was satisified with their service.

Joe I use Newenough. Their return policy's easy to work with, so in the past I've purchased a couple of sizes and returned what I didn't need.

Ditto. I bought my Sidi Ways (and other gear) from Newenough. Great service.

Joe, one of my local discount outlets carries Sidi, Motorhelmets.com (now moved to Fullerton). I also saw Sidi boots at Bert's dealership in Covina (bertsmotorcyclemall.com).

I have bought many things through Newenough. Great people. Re boots, helmets, and gloves, I wouldn't buy of these items any without trying first for fit.

A couple of years ago, I was looking for a pair of waterproof (resistant) boots. I was initially interested in the Sidi On Road boots, but after trying them on, I was completely turned off by the fastening system (three Velcro straps). I was lucky enough (actually, I planned it) to be travelling through Duluth, MN, and visited the Aerostich store, where I tried on both the regular Combat Touring Boots, and the CBT Lites. I had an immediate preference for the CBT Lites, mostly based on the inner lacing system and single (huge) Velcro flap.

My only negative comments about the CBT Lites are that the toe boxes are somewhat large (I upshift with the edge of the sole), and the fact that they take forever to break in. I bought mine in July 2006, and they're only just now getting broken in. On the other hand, they probably saved my ankle from titanium screws and other hardware a year ago when I had a close encounter with a Georgia deer.

russell_bynum

thanks

I got mine from Malcolm Smith Motorsports.

Lisa got hers from Chaparral.

I got my Sidi on roads from BMW of SLC.

Motonation.com is their USA importer.

I really like new enough too. They have $100 off one of their Gore-tex models on clearance.

Archived