IGNORED

::gAS = $2.07::

hANNAbONE

$2.17 here and has been falling like a rock. Could we see $1.xx/gallon soon? Amazing.

I wonder how long it will take people to completely forget $4.50/gallon... get that Hummer line going again! :smirk:

$2.17 here and has been falling like a rock. Could we see $1.xx/gallon soon? Amazing.

I wonder how long it will take people to completely forget $4.50/gallon... get that Hummer line going again! :smirk:

I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H3-T looks great to me.

They had their way with me yesterday at $1.27 a liter for diesel That's 4.81 per U.S. gallon

The tank was 80% empty = $ 137.00 (squeal)

If we're careful, and play our cards just right, maybe we'll get back to that optimal $5.00/gal number again. I seem to remember how good that was going to be for all of us. :/

If we're careful, and play our cards just right, maybe we'll get back to that optimal $5.00/gal number again. I seem to remember how good that was going to be for all of us. :/

Middle of November and things should start to get back to "normal."

Middle of November and things should start to get back to "normal."

All you optimists............ :(

Yeah, I wish Utah followed trends a little more rapidly...

Best price I've seen around here is $2.85 for 85 octane.

This is not really a good thing. I read Opec has cut production by a million and a half barrels and if it keeps falling they may cut more. To produce a barrel cost $44 and now its at $66(?). Will they stop producing when it drops more? They have to make there billons, heck with the world economy!

The price of oil is dropping because the entire world's economy looks to be heading for recession, that means a big drop in oil and gas (no, not petrol, the stuff that's like air but burns) used to fuel industry and produce electricity. That expected drop in demand is what is driving the price of oil down. Should the futures traders be over-pessimistic or should the recession be more shallow than feared then the drop will not last long.

Andy

I had 27 pages typed until I took out all the political stuff..Here's what was left...

Cool.... :thumbsup:

With it dropping so fast, I'll take the savings and build a 1000 gal tank at the house, fill it, and every three weeks or so, I'll put some in some stabilizer. This way I can lock in the prices before they go up! :grin:

Or maybe I've been using too many of those colored markers in preparing my presentation???? :dopeslap:

Saw it for $1.99 today, diesel is still around $3.17

Which sucks :(

Weird. SoCal, 87 Octane: $2.89, Diesel: 2:99.

That is weird. But then again, the weird part is not your diesel price (which is about the same), but rather why your gasoline prices are so much higher.

With it dropping so fast, I'll take the savings and build a 1000 gal tank at the house, fill it, and every three weeks or so, I'll put some in some stabilizer. This way I can lock in the prices before they go up! :grin:

Or maybe I've been using too many of those colored markers in preparing my presentation???? :dopeslap:

An easier solution would be to purchase oil futures now... then sell them to buy gasoline when oil takes off. Basically hedging your energy costs. I beleive thsi is what most large commercial and industrial users do. I laugh when airlines claim they need to raise ticket pricees when oil prices take off... because in most cases, their fuel contracts are negotiated over multiple years. There's a lag when the impact of fuel prices affect them, but they try and play it off as having an immediate impact.

Although, a 1000 gallon tank...would be handy when there's a short term shortage like the Southeast had recently. You also get fuel deliveries directly. But the downside is that you must maintain the tank and equipment... and the increase in homeowners or commerical insurance for having the tank.

Well oil went up today, so The party might be over soon. Although it could drop again before winter fuel oil demand and holiday travel kicks in. Looks like it might be a long cold winter too.

I remember telling my 93 year old grandmother almost 3 years ago that oil would never be under $2 again. In Michigan and Illinois that is probably still true. In Iowa and Missouri... rock on!!!

Archived