IGNORED

Valve adjustment

luvnitro02

08 1200 rt looking for procedure with specs for adjusting the rockershaft eng play. what the clearence should be and torque specs for bolts. Making my first attempt at valve adjustment. have the valve specs but saw the information at one time on here. thanks Mike

08 1200 rt looking for procedure with specs for adjusting the rockershaft eng play. what the clearence should be and torque specs for bolts. Making my first attempt at valve adjustment. have the valve specs but saw the information at one time on here. thanks Mike

Mike, you have good info on the procedure I will just add a few observations..

First, I have done quite a few rocker end play settings & found that using a feeler gauge it is difficult to get them to minimum (the closer to the lower spec you get the quieter they will be) so found that using a dial indicator is (my) much preferred method as far as ease & precision goes..

Next, just a little warning.. There are some incorrect torque specifications posted in some on-line rocker end play procedures,, probably based on some incorrect DVD info from a while back.. So double check the torque info against a credible manual before proceeding as you don’t want to damage anything.. Most info is accurate but there is always a chance you are looking at the skewed info..

lhpost600mi.jpg

Twisty

I checked mine the 1st time myself a few weeks ago at 13.5K. All was still at spec since dealer performed 6K service.

I took pics as "proof" for my records (probably overkill) but I'll share if anybody worries the procedure is too tough to tackle.

Jeff

LH exhaust

340246528.jpg

LH Intake

340246546.jpg

RH Exhaust

340246578.jpg

RH Intake

340246586.jpg

Now this looks like a good idea

Matt

First, I have done quite a few rocker end play settings & found that using a feeler gauge it is difficult to get them to minimum (the closer to the lower spec you get the quieter they will be) so found that using a dial indicator is (my) much preferred method as far as ease & precision goes..

lhpost600mi.jpg

Twisty

Archived