IGNORED

Odyssey Battery Purchase?

Micky

I need to order a new battery.

Where is the best place and price to order the Odyssey PC 680

Or is there any other brand recommendation?

Thanks, Miklos

Try

PPS

There was a discount code you enter at checkout - I think save20 or something like that to get 20%. I purchased last month and these guys had the best price. No hassles with delivery.

Try the Panasonic LC-X1220P: 20Ah, sealed lead acid.

Good choice for about $75, and free shipping if you pay by check at Digikey.com

I don't know anything about it, but at under 75% the cost (after shipping), it might be worth a shot?

Specs are 18Ah, right dimensions, $36 plus shipping. ($12 to San Diego, or $22 to Boston) 58-GPS-1218 at gruberpower.com

No affiliation with either one - I've done business with Digkey on a couple of occasions, and have always been happy with the service and response time. The Gruber outfit I have no experience with, but I've seen them discussed on other boards, and haven't seen any unusual complaints...

I WILL tell you THIS, however: Do NOT do business with "Motorcycle Batteries USA" under any circumstances.

They charged my credit card when I placed the order, but I never got a battery. I tried contacting them repeatedly for the next couple of months, and received neither refund nor response from them. I finally had to dispute the charges on my card to get any satisfaction....

(Thread HERE)

I switched to the PC680 a year ago and noticed much more starting power. I think I'll buy another one whenever it needs replacing. I hate that feeling out in the middle of no where when it's time to go and you hear a weak battery trying to crank that awful sounding starter on an 04RT.

The Odyssey is an excellent battery to be sure (and in fact I have one installed right now)... but then again it is more than double the price of a standard AGM replacement (such as the Universal Battery UB12220, available from many online sources for under $50) and I'm not sure that the Odyssey really provides double the life/performance to justify the cost. I'm trying the lower-priced spread this time around and see what happens. Maybe I'll end up back with the Odyssey, but then again maybe I'll get nearly the same life out of a standard AGM battery at less than half the cost. We'll see...

If you have a Batteries Plus store near by, you might want to give those people a call. I purchased my Odyssey from them about a year ago at a price that was cheaper than many online dealers and competitive with the others.

Robert

If you have a Batteries Plus store near by, you might want to give those people a call. I purchased my Odyssey from them about a year ago at a price that was cheaper than many online dealers and competitive with the others.

Thanks for the tip and amazingly enough I do have one nearby, but their price is $146. Even if they will match the cheapest online price of about $120 that's still more than twice as expensive as the alternatives.

Again, maybe the value is there and maybe it isn't. Guess I'll find out...

skinny_tom (aka boney)
I need to order a new battery.

Where is the best place and price to order the Odyssey PC 680

Or is there any other brand recommendation?

Thanks, Miklos

Look up Kodiak in Gilroy, then call them. deal.gif

Archived