IGNORED

Introducing a new California Bimmer-er

nealopp

Hi all,

Well, I've been lurking here for what seems like an eternity. I guess it's time to officially introduce myself!

I picked up a new-to-me 2006 R1200RT during the last week of August. Before you ask, yes, I got the faster color. I've already put nearly 4k miles on it since purchase, and I'm loving every single mile. Even I-5 between LA and northern CA didn't seem that bad!

She's almost fully loaded - BC, cruise, radio. No heated seats or ESA. The previous owner also had both trunks and the BMW tank bag - I throw a camelback bladder in that thing and I'm good to go for miles!

I come from about 5 years on a Honda CBR600F4i, so for me this is like night and day- The RT is amazing!

I can be found most days/nights commuting between San Jose and Gilroy.

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=4062

4062.jpg.47825e13144bd99b0803920e629402f1.jpg

I should probably post a "missed connection" here, too.

Tonight, going S on 101 and exiting on E.D. Ave in Morgan Hill, CA. You were on a 12RT w/ a Givi trunk, wearing a flaming half-shell helmet. (Umm, flaming like having flames on it.) Was that anyone here? SWilson?

Cheers,

Neal

Hello and welcome to the board from Surf City USA. Congrats on the 06 RT. We all the know the fastest RT is RED. As in Ruby RED!! I put 14K miles on Ruby the first I owned her which was 2006. I have not put that many miles on a bike since 1994 (K1100RS).

Welcome to the wonderful world of Beembers. Enjoy the site and do share as you grow with the bike. Doesn't seem like you are going to have much of a problem putting on the miles.

Enjoy the grin - it never goes away.

mbelectric - sorry, I'll try to get it right next time. I've always thought of should be "ee" but only ever see "i"!

Keith - I love riding Hecker pass to Watsonville and then Surf City USA. We should meet up!

Wait, what's that? Huntington Beach? Ohhhhh, you meant the OTHER surf city! Ok then... :-P

Thanks for the welcome!

mbelectric - sorry, I'll try to get it right next time. I've always thought of should be "ee" but only ever see "i"!

Keith - I love riding Hecker pass to Watsonville and then Surf City USA. We should meet up!

Wait, what's that? Huntington Beach? Ohhhhh, you meant the OTHER surf city! Ok then... :-P

Thanks for the welcome!

Beemers are bikes, Bimmers are cars - except in the UK where both ar Beemers - or Bee-Emms.

Oh, and welcome :wave:

Andy

Hey welcome. I commute that same route, but flaming helmets aren't my style :)

If you ride in early and go home late I'm sure I'll see you out there eventually. My RT is grey, some extra lighting, usually w/no trunk, and never flames. ha ha.

Archived