IGNORED

Who's up for the Barber Museum?

Bheckel169

I've heard such great things about the Barber Museum I thought it might be fun to take a trip over there. At this point in my life the idea of camping out is not one of my high priorities, but in this case, the Museum as campgrounds and I would be up for camping out there. Anybody interested in riding over with me in the early Spring? I'm in Western North Carolina and would be happy to ride over together or meet folks from different parts of the country. The museum is one of the most incredible motorycle museums you'll ever see. Here's the website and let me know if you'd like to make the trip over.

http://www.barbermuseum.org/

Bruce

I went to Barber Motorsports this year in the spring and watched a great motorcycle race. Didn't get a chance to go to the museum but I think my local motorcycle group is going again this coming year and I will probably go with them and I will go thru the museum this time. Anyho, you might try to go when the race is there, it was GREAT! :thumbsup:

A group of us went from Tallahasse last year to their first race of the year. It was my first visit and I am anxious to go back again. Although the 2009 schedule is not posted yet on their website, the first race was sometime in the very late winter/early spring. There are a lot of hotels in the Birmingham area, which is close by, and the museum, complimented by the race, is a lot of fun. We plan on doing it again this coming season.

I was just at the Barber Museum3 weeks ago. All I can say is GO! It is an amazing place. Not only are there hundreds of great motorcycles they are displayed beautifully! I HIGHLY recommend it. And if you are looking for a place to stay ..we stayed at the Holiday Inn on Lake Guntersville about 65 miles from the Museum. It was a really nice place on the Lake so the setting was really nice. Rates were about $85 a night and if you get a first floor room you can park your bike outside your door. Good luck!!

Just did a Dual Sport ride in that area last weekend and made it to Barber. Very worthwhile. Saw a few bikes I used to have. If your on a bike also go to Cheaha National Park. The view is fantastic and the roads are great. A brave soul even started the ride on an 1150 GS until he went through the windshield.

Archived