IGNORED

Hexhead service manual updates?

Penforhire

I see both the Clymers book and BMW's CD advertised for earlier-year models. I don't imagine there were many significant changes in later years (like my '08) but does anyone know for sure? Is there a supplemental CD I should be looking for?

Thanks!

I've the Haynes, which covers explicitly the '04 to '06 R1200s. While I've only specifically used it to install piaa lighting, P3 lights and a zumo, so far, it has seemed to be pretty much accurate in the body work, electrical and pictures to my 08, fwiw. in ~1700 miles, I'll know more.

I checked with Haynes' publisher a month ago, and they hinted that there would be an update for the R1200 manual after the first of the year.

Bob

I purchased a Haynes hard cover manual for the R1200's for $29.72. From themotorbookstore.com in Florida item number 4598.

Make a good reference tool.

Nick

Hmm, good catch! BMW must have an updated or supplemental service manual. I haven't seen one for sale though, unless you automatically get an up-to-date CD (would have to show both systems) if you order it today?

The BMW Motorrad RepRom CDs have a date revision on them. Mine is dated 11/2004 Obviously it doesn't have the newer brake system on it. I do not know the date revision of the current CD.

I purchased a Haynes hard cover manual for the R1200's for $29.72. From themotorbookstore.com in Florida item number 4598.

Make a good reference tool.

Nick

Thanks, I took a look there but only see 2004-2006. I'm hoping find an up to date '07-'08 manual.

Archived