Stainless Brake Lines

chasgrips45

Only other I know of is the Galfer and when I made my SS lines purchase (from Speigler) the Galfer alternative wasn't any cheaper. You could have them made up custom by a speed shop but I don't know if that would be any less expensive either.

Compare the cost to BMW's price for the OEM rubber lines... it won't seem expensive anymore... :)

I thought about steel brakelines when I had my Concours. I was told the steel would take the "mushyness" out of the lever pull. Are there any other advantages?

I put Galfer lines on my '96 RS quite a few years ago and at the time they were significantly cheaper than Spiegler. After fumbling through online dealers I ended up just having my local dealer order them; they knew exactly what I needed.

+1 on the SS lines from cyclebrakes.com. I got a replacement kit for the rear brake and designed my own for the front brakes on my '98 R1100R. Galfer and cyclebrakes.com were very accomodating.

I thought about steel brakelines when I had my Concours. I was told the steel would take the "mushyness" out of the lever pull. Are there any other advantages?
they pretty much last for ever

Archived