IGNORED

1150 RT Clutch Bleed recommendations

Smoothride

I would like to bleed my clutch and looking for guidance and recommendations on how to do it. I have the manual and see the process looks farily easy but looking for shortcuts or good ideas. I went to the BMW dealer over the weekend to get the bleeder screw but they had to order it. They said its the same as the bleeder screw on the front caliper. Let me no what to avoid. Also is DOT 4 fluid ok or should I use DOT 5?

I would like to bleed my clutch and looking for guidance and recommendations on how to do it. I have the manual and see the process looks farily easy but looking for shortcuts or good ideas. I went to the BMW dealer over the weekend to get the bleeder screw but they had to order it. They said its the same as the bleeder screw on the front caliper. Let me no what to avoid. Also is DOT 4 fluid ok or should I use DOT 5?

No real trick except that you need heat to get the plug out. A lot of folk remove the adaptor and leave the bleeder in place for ease in the future.

DOT 5 is not suitable and will damage the system - go with DOT 3-4.

Andy

Let me no what to avoid.

No real trick except that you need heat to get the plug out. A lot of folk remove the adaptor and leave the bleeder in place for ease in the future.

If you do remove the "adaptor" know this...

Yes you will want to heat the fitting in order to release the thread locking compound but be careful to not overheat & melt the plastic bleed tube (DAMHIK) :dopeslap:

Archived