IGNORED

Grips

Bologna

I ordered two right hand BMW(throttle) grips, and just rolled the old ones off the heater element, sprayed hairspray inside the new grips, slipped them on and was done. Took all of maybe 30mins to do it. I could not find the grips mentioned in the above post.

Thanks for the help, just wish we had more choices for grips.

BMW sell them with the part number 32721458396

You will need 2 of these right hand grips because the heater barrel is the same OD on both sides

I think they are about $10 each - Not sure about that last bit!

Cheers

Andy

I ordered two right hand BMW(throttle) grips, and just rolled the old ones off the heater element, sprayed hairspray inside the new grips, slipped them on and was done. Took all of maybe 30mins to do it. I could not find the grips mentioned in the above post.

I couldn't either so buy 2 of these BMW part number 32721458396. I have read where some people have installed aftermarket grips as well, you need 2 throttle side ones so I guess you have to buy 2 sets.

You could also just cover the original worn grips with slip on foam grips. This also gives a thicker grip which I find less fatiguing. Heating elements still work with the foam grips.

You could also just cover the original worn grips with slip on foam grips. This also gives a thicker grip which I find less fatiguing. Heating elements still work with the foam grips.

+1

Love my grip puppies. 8 buck delivered. Comfy...

2000 RT here.....I just ordered and received Dual Star heated grip elements....but have been waiting for some BMW Grips (2 rights) from Chicago BMW for ~6 weeks......I currently have foam grips....never thought about using them over the elements until chrisz mentioned it....I'll eventually install the BMW grips...but for now...it's starting to get a bit nippy in minnesota....so if the foam will work over the elements...I can run those temporarily....thanks for the idea...

Archived