IGNORED

A Report from Central Texas

eddd

The past weekend saw the Central Texas Fall Ride. Limecreek was the organizer. Thanks Brother Lime! The weather was fantastic, as was the company! I found a little time to shoot some pictures inbetween shooting the bull.

What's that in my rear case?

orig.jpg

It's an apple pie I offered as my contribution to dinner at the Whip's. It made it intact.

orig.jpg

This handsome bovine was hanging out near La Gloria.

orig.jpg

Quite an impressive set of horns.

orig.jpg

On the way to Whip's I managed to ride the Three Sisters or the Twisted Sisters: FM 337, FM 335, and FM 336. These roads are well-known for their twists and turns and beautiful views.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Mrs. Whip has the Halloween spirit.

orig.jpg

Billy and Eric had already arrived.

orig.jpg

After some relaxing and catching up with friends, Whip got busy cooking the steaks.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Eric was all smiles, Brad took a picture, and the dogs hoped we'd drop a steak or two.

orig.jpg

We then enjoyed a wonderful meal with the Whips. During that meal Whip announce that it was a very special day...He had married the lovely Mrs. Whip sixteen years ago that day!

Saturday morning we were off early to meet up with the rest of the group, which had stayed in Fredrickburg. On the way there we stopped for fuel. I was taking no chances this time. I made sure Billy had paid for his gas.

orig.jpg

We certainly didn't want a repeat of this!!!

We met up the main group, formed smaller groups, and headed out. Mark, Billy, Eric, Whip, and I went toward Enchanted Rock. Billy and Eric entered the park, but we thought they'd be right back out, so we waited. Mark took off, and eventually Whip and I too, had to give up and leave if we were to make lunch in Vanderpool.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

We made it, a bit late, to the Lone Star Motorcycle Museum in Vanderpool for lunch with the gang. Unfortunately, I didn't bother to take any pictures until we were leaving, and everyone was already gone.

orig.jpg

This proves I'm not the only rider who's a bag of wind.

orig.jpg

Billy and Eric had found their way out of Enchanted Rock and back to the Whips'. Billy was given the task of making popcorn.

orig.jpg

Mrs. Whip gave her approval of the final product.

orig.jpg

After a fine dinner of hotdogs and sausages over and open fire, we sat down to relax and enjoy each other's company. All in all a perfect weekend.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Thanks again to Greg for heading up the gathering, and a special thanks to the Whips for thier wondeful hospitality.

Now that right there looked like a ton of fun!!!!!

Thanks for making me feel absolutely horrible for not being there!

You seem to be making quite a habit of memorializing parking lots after all the BMWST'rs have departed. :grin:

That bovine of yours looks like it got it's horns from a water buffalo!

Glad you all had a good time.

Jan

You seem to be making quite a habit of memorializing parking lots after all the BMWST'rs have departed. :grin:...

Jan

I think they're trying to tell me something. :cry:

Now that right there looked like a ton of fun!!!!!

Thanks for making me feel absolutely horrible for not being there!

Not a problem...New Year's is just around the corner.. :thumbsup:

The weekend was great! Thanks to Limecreek, Whip, and the Ms.

I really enjoyed the Whip's sixteenth anniversary!! :clap:

Eddd,

Great pics as always. I have a few more to contribute, but they don't hold a candle to yours.

As Eddd, mentioned all except those who went AWOL visited the Lone Star Motorcycle Museum.

img0518uk3.jpg

img0516jz9.jpg

img0514ia8.jpg

The first sport tourer?

img0513hv6.jpg

img0510gv2.jpg

On Sunday, I decided to head through Luckenbach as I had heard much about this little town but had never had the opportunity to see it.

img0498sl9.jpg

img0501td1.jpg

I was there too early in the morning to find the normal cruiser crowd. The only other bike in the lot was a shiny LT - too shiny to be one from our group. I think the rider was a bit chicken in the twisties.

img0495py0.jpg

Seriosly, this chicken liked the look of that bird in the chrome - a fine looking specimin.

img0496af6.jpg

img0497lh6.jpg

img0527ca1.jpg

img0520iv3.jpg

Can't explain it, but I liked it. Boots and boots and boots.

img0521et4.jpg

We all concluded that there must be some election taking place sometime, cause we saw a few of these.

*Image removed by over-zealous moderator in order to avoid political comment.

and a lot of these

*Image removed by over-zealous moderator in order to avoid political comment.

It was great to see old friends and meet new ones. Special thanks to Limecreek for hosting this event and to Whip and Louise for sharing their anniversary and for their generous hospitality.

Archived