IGNORED

Ok...for the rich and stupid this Christmas

roadhome

russell_bynum

I dig Confederate's bikes. They're a great mix of "Shesh...does that thing even have enough parts to run?" and "If it does run, it's gonna kick my ass, steal my lunch money, and get my sister pregnant."

I admit the Wraith caught my attention, but I really feel the Neiman Marcus edition is a bit (a bit?) over the top. For that kind of money, there are (what must be) much better machines available....see Italian high end go fast.

Oh and the stupid part should be obvious. Did you take time to flip up the price tag and read it? Hey, maybe it's just me that could think of a better way to spend 110 THOUSAND dollars!

Here's the thing about the cost. If I had $110k to spend on a bike, I'd take one of those and stop on the way home for gelato (and I'm not talking ice cream). Russell put the appeal nicely.

2 wheeled junk....I knew a guy who was a Confederate dealer and he dropped the line as their support was so non-existent his customers would be waiting months for simple spare parts....nice for the living room perhaps but I can think of many bikes I would add to garage (all at once) before I wanted to deal with that brand......I will say they got the market cornered on different but every one I have seen in person was so damn loud and uncomfortable to ride you would really need to have lots of spare cash laying around and a sweet collection of other bikes first (I hear Brad Pitt has one)…….

Umm, that is... umm... ugly.

You're not alone. Wired mag ran this headline:

A $110,000 Motorcycle as Ugly as It Is Expensive

Also a fan of the Wraith, but this one is butt ugly IMO.

Joe Frickin' Friday

The total lack of a rear fender (and even a rear seat) is a little unsettling. As my brother pointed out - if you go over a bump that pops you off the seat and you land 8 inches back, your rump lands on the rear tire, which proceeds to shred your [posterior] muscles from your pelvis. That doesn't sound fun.

That's...ummm intersting. It's got a Hossak (sp?) front end. I'm guessing it's not called a Duolever. Nice show bike, nice for a rich person with nothing else better to spend their money on.

The nerve of some people that would even consider raising taxes on the wealthy. How in the world would they be able to afford things like this. The hopes and dreams of Joe CEO could be crushed. Please everyone write you representatives and urge them not ot raise taxes on Joe CEO so they can all afford the titanium motorcycle of their dreams. In this time of crisis we all need ot do our part to help guys like Joe CEO!

LOL ya, those poor guys. Sad thing is, someone is going to GET one of those for Christmas. The front end is a variation of the old Girder. They look great on choppers and Indians ran em for years. I guess the big techno breakthrough on this one was the giant composite strut things with built in halogen. Heck, that's worth...60K by itself.

Archived