IGNORED

Amazing performance from my RT........

Huzband

So, last night I was on my way home on the RT. Stuck behind some bozo taking his time to make a right turn, creeping along in first gear. Just as he was starting his turn, I glance in the mirror, & cars are coming up fast. As soon as I clear his quarter, I pin the throttle. The bike lunges forward, & the front wheel starts to lift. As the revs head north to 7K, I hit second as quick as I can. The front lifts again, this time floating about a foot off the deck. The revs are still climbing, but it's time to ease up, so I gently start to roll back, & shift to third, then fourth. WOW!!! What a ride. I had no idea.

It was quite possibly the best dream I've ever had. lol8.gif

It was quite possibly the best dream I've ever had.

You have my sympathy.... :dopeslap:

Sympathy? Are you kidding?

Have you ever had such a fun dream about your RT?

This is GREAT! I got to live the fantasy all RT riders have.

Escaping the restraint of the boat anchor for real performance. I can't wait to show Nate Kern what this baby'll do at Jennings next month. :/

Hi Whip. :wave:

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

I test rode a new 1200 just before I bought my 1150. Air was hard to avoid on hot shifts to second. The bike was a blast, just didn't have the extra $12K

No dreamin here...after I installed the full Lazer system it was scary easy to loft in first, and second as well, if you try...

just sayin,

Jim

It was quite possibly the best dream I've ever had. lol8.gif

Danny you need to upgrade. I had the same dream only Jessica Simpson was on the back.

She is not bad on takeoffs, it is those hard braking setups for a big turn that gets her spurs active, damn that hurts! More the twisty the more I get my jacket rearranged.

I had a ZX9R before this... it taught me throttle control on large displacement motors when using 1st gear. Otherwise, the RT would be airborn all the time in 1st. I still lift 2nd on occasion when passing cars. More often with a passenger.

If I could stuff the drive train from the 1200 into my 1150 I would be in heaven. (maybe literally) A great looking bike with just the right amount power, fuel mileage, and all the other good stuff that comes with a premium quality bike.

I did a demo ride in Daytona on an 08 12RT and hung the front probably 6 inches off the deck whilst rejoining the group when a car turned in front of us at a light. It's pretty easy to do.

I also power wheelied and later spun the back tire of an F800GS on a damp road coming back to the dealer. That little rascal is fun to ride!!

Lone_RT_rider
I pinned the throttle in first gear on my 650 V-Strom the other day. I swear I felt the forks extend a bit. Heady stuff.

Must have been all that heated clothing..... too much mass over the front side of the bikes CG. :grin::thumbsup:

Shawn

Mass management consultant

I pinned the throttle in first gear on my 650 V-Strom the other day. I swear I felt the forks extend a bit. Heady stuff.

dAT fUNNIE, FB...."...extend a bit.: I am giggling uncontrolable

Danny....Keep it in your dreams....Remember Fla. laws do not like one wheeled RTs.........

I think there is a difference in a wheelie, where the guys is standing on the rear pegs and has the front tire up and is going for about a block vs. someone shifting through the gears and the wheels gos off the ground. I have done the wheelie thing on my RTP going after cars. I know what he/they are talking about. It is a easy thing to do. :grin:

Archived