IGNORED

1100RT Clutch part #

KER

i was browsing the parts fiche for new clutch parts and was wondering what the difference between the clutch discs were that are listed. The only thing noted was "(KD-SCHEIBE)" on one and it is a few dollars more. The last few clutches that i did i always ordered the kit that had everthing in it, but now they dont sell the kit anymore. So......does anyone know what the difference is between the regular plate and the (KD-SCHEIBE) plate?

first off, you realize that the bike in your sig is an R1150 and this doesn't apply to that bike, right? You are probably working on a friends bike, but I thought I'd mention it.

The clutch set is still sold, for vehicles up to 1997. I also found a service bulletin referring to the clutch:

http://www.nmpcs.com/r11r/clutch.pdf

in this document, BMW refers to the disc as reduced play. Since no mention is made of different input shaft's or anything, I'd get the KD disc.

last, the KD appears to mean KundenDienst, which refers to vehicle service.

HTH, Daniël

The alternate (KD-SCHEIBE) part provides a tighter fit on the input shaft. I would think that you should select that part only if you need a tighter fit on the input shaft.

The alternate (KD-SCHEIBE) part provides a tighter fit on the input shaft. I would think that you should select that

part only if you need a tighter fit on the input shaft.

Seth,

That is correct. When I have to do my clutch disc, I'm going to order both and see which one I need. Now, my disc rattles a bit but the splines look very good.

Mick

first off, you realize that the bike in your sig is an R1150 and this doesn't apply to that bike, right? You are probably working on a friends bike, but I thought I'd mention it.

Yes i do realize what parts i am buying, I am more or less the company mechanic for a "fleet" of 1100RT-P/1150RT-P/1200RT-Ps. I have done about 5 clutch jobs now and getting ready to do three more. Thanks for the info on the parts everyone.

Archived