IGNORED

Long sleeve zip up

eddd

I'm looking for suggestions on a long sleeve shirt with a high collar and a full-length zipper to use as one of my layers. I have a few nice light sweaters, but they are pullovers with a short zipper. I want something that I can easily remove as I "de-layer". Easily means I don't want to remove my helmet.

Ideally it won't be bulky, would look good when worn by itself, have a nice snug fit around the neck when zipped up, and make me irresistible to attractive young women.

Ed,

Many jacket liners are made like that. You can get the polar fleese liners ar REI or similar that have a full length zipper all the way into the turtle neck. Also, try a bike (bicycle) shop. I have a couple winter bike jackets like that.

I love my Paramo trail shirt. Warm, wicking, lightweight, directional fabric. Infact everything except cheap. These are ideal for the purpose you describe and available from climbing/hikeing shops in the UK. I expect similar garments are available from the same type of outlet in the UK.

Andy

Polartec line might meet your needs, lots of places sell them. They are thin, light wt fleece, very warm, look good, and make a great undergarment to wear with a heated jacket liner. Collars zip up tall.

What yu're describing sounds like a cycling jersey. Like others mentioned, hikers also wear something similar.

I have one I wore when racing in college. It's fully printed wiht my universities logo,etc. I'ts a very lite polester with a fleece like lining, but just a single layer of material.

I'm looking for suggestions on a long sleeve shirt with a high collar and a full-length zipper to use as one of my layers. I have a few nice light sweaters, but they are pullovers with a short zipper. I want something that I can easily remove as I "de-layer". Easily means I don't want to remove my helmet.

Ideally it won't be bulky, would look good when worn by itself, have a nice snug fit around the neck when zipped up, and make me irresistible to attractive young women.

This summer I bought a light jacket at an REI store near Sacramento. It is made from one of those fabrics that lets water vapor escape but blocks the wind. I wore in under my mesh jacket as I'd forgotten to bring my mesh jacket's liner. Wow - that REI jacket it wonderful! I had no idea how well it would work.

My wife's younger cousin said I looked really good in it. :/

I think this is the one HERE.

Ed, you are describing a long sleeve bike jersey. They are warm, but breath well are form fitting and have a collar.

Archived