IGNORED

R1200RT Radio/CD and Aux Connection

ScottFla

Does anyone out there have experience added an additional audio devise to the stock radio/cd set-up on the new RT? Help, like to attach the XM via this route if possible. Cheers

rickcavanaugh

I have never done this on an RT radio, as I have never seen one....but the lt stereo has an input (10 pin quick disconnect) next to the main input. 2 of the wires are for the input to the AUX.

If you have a picture of the back of the radio I may be able to tell if you have the same type of input. If so I could talk you through it.

Problem is the XM will be faint compared to the radio. You must turn the volume way up. I tried it with a mixit amp as well as the Boostaroo amp. They help, but the AUX input is still too low. Changing from radio to XM is not a problem but the other way is.

Here is my post on BMWLT.NET on how to do it AUX INPUT INSTRUCTIONS

There is a good discussion about it HERE. It appears there is a plug in that will add an AUX port. I priced it here at an Auto BMW dealer and it was in the $70.00 range. I didn't explore it any further.

rickcavanaugh

From the last post it looks like the inputs for the 1200 is the same as the LT. One plug on the back is for a CD changer, the otherone is for the intercom/aux input. Can you "page through" the various inputs and see and AUX come up???

The plugs I made cost about $15 for 3 plugs. Much better deal than getting ripped off by BMW again.

thanks to all, appreciate the assist. looks as if an antenna connection for the i-pod with onboard fm transmitter might be the best approach. cheers

Archived