IGNORED

2010 Unrally dates

drswift

If we do "ala carte" it would cost us 4K when you include hall, tables, chairs, etc.

Regardless, we're still looking at campers paying $20 a night, which seems to be fairly typical. I don't think we can afford the luxury of renting the Manzanita room for three days to use mainly as an office/storage room. I'm still negotiating on getting a room for just Wednesday nite, and maybe doing an outdoor catered pancake breakfast by the Lions Club.

If I can get someone to come down in an RV, we could use that for Info Central and to store t-shirts and stuff.

Any thoughts about not having an indoor sitdown breakfast? More of a "fast food" affair.

Of course having an outdoor meal is somewhat of a gamble, but not much of one in California on a July morning. I see no particular issue with it.

Assuming we do not rent hall, tables or chairs, do you recall any other area that could be used for group seating / eating. I seem to recall (but am not sure) there being an open circular pavillion that had benches all the way around.

Maybe instead of an RV, someone has (or can acquire) one of the pop-up canopies.

The camping rate does concern me, but I'm not sure it's a valid concern (It's been a while since I camped). Are we talking about pitching a tent on the grass here, or are we talking about actual "improved" camp sites (water / table / fire ring, etc...).

Are shower and bathroom facilities available even without renting one of the buildings?

I am also assuming that this is a non-exclusive rate. The rest of the fairgrounds will be open to use by other groups.

Do you know what camping cost at the last couple of Unrallies? I expect California to be pricier, but I'd like to have something for comparison.

FYI, I'm going to be in Roseville, CA (at relatives) on Thanksgiving and part of the morning after Thanksgiving before heading down to Sonora for the remainder of the weekend.

As a reference, the camping cost at the next Un will be $15 which will include water and electricity. Given that these are improved sites you're price is probably fine. To me, it's pretty steep for an unimproved spot on the grass.

Campsites are on grass with same hookups and water as RV's use. Showers are close by. There is a covered patio with about ten picnic tables adjacent to the Manzanita room we could take over by virtue of having all the campsites around it. There is the option of having the breakfast under one of the covered arenas near the campsites if it rains. I'm not sure if that would be an additional cost, but I'll check.

I had planned to get a few of those pop-up canopies to have on hand. I think I can get the use of an RV or convince somebody to bring their "toy hauler" to the event. If we just rent the Manzanita room for the dinner that will save $1000.

I'm very concerned about budgets. Assuming last year's costs for meals, shirt and sticker, we're at about $42 without any facility costs!

At some point I would like to do a survey to find out how many additional people might want to camp if we provide "serpa" camp services (turnkey campsites with pillows, camp chair, and towels).

• 2 weeks later...
If I can get someone to come down in an RV, we could use that for Info Central and to store t-shirts and stuff.

You might consider contacting KTM Doug. He's pretty much sold all of his motorcycle stuff, but he really enjoyed this site and its people. He owns a motor home. He's retired. And he lives in NorCal (Livermore). I'm sure that for a couple nights' camping fee and a couple of T-shirts, he and Linda might make the trip, especially if fuel prices remain near where they currently are, or lower. And they'd love to help, since they won't be doing much riding.

Archived