IGNORED

Horny?

PilatusDriver

PilatusDriver

Anyone figure out the horn problem on the 12RT? With short blasts...which are normally sufficient, it works fine. As soon as you go past a second or two it shuts down and will not work until the ignition is shut off and the entire start test sequence is done.

ShovelStrokeEd

Self correcting a$$hat detector?

The horn is useless in terms of your safety anyway, do what I do and stick with the left turn signal as a means of warning off miscreants. crazy.gif

Haven`t tried this out on mine yet, but I think what is happening is that the computer is just electronicaly shutting down the horn circuit when it is drawing too many amps. As this bike no longer has fuses, the computer is doing it`s job. Although, the problem may be that BMW just spec`ed out a horn that draws too many amps.

Rod

I have not had this happen to me. I have blasted my horn for several seconds or more, and it never cuts out. You might need to have the dealer look into this.

Jay

'05 R1200RT

1600 miles

I have one of the hornless models as well. For me, not to big a deal. For someone living in Boston, or in Italy, this would clearly be a critical flaw....

I plan to ask about it at my next service, but probably won't worry about it before then.

HORN? It has a horn? I just twist the thottle... grin.gif

Ok, so I know it dose. Scares me every time I accidently hit it. I have not had the desire or need to use it for more than a second and it seems to work fine...

Even though I'm an avid horn user (idiot cages), I wonder if I should rethink this idea? confused.gif Everytime I need to use it, I swear that the idiot driver reacts with more reckless movements. dopeslap.gif A guy cut me off the other morning (he just put his blinker on and went - big surprise I know) and when I used the horn he just wildly threw his head around (even up to the roof crazy.gif), jerking the car in the process, and he STILL never looked back! eek.gif I find that I'm getting more aggressive and just making my own way through it (stay outta my lane you freakin idiots!). grin.gif

Archived