IGNORED

Tires on my new K1200R that arrived today....

roadshadowww

roadshadowww

My K-R arrived today and I was surprised to see Dunlop 220 tires mounted.

I've heard of Metz M-1, Mich Power and Metz Z6s but not the Dun220's.

Anybody got experience on these skins and can give me some feedback on them?

Thanks !

They came standard on my '03 KRS, and thought they were fine, until I tried my current Conti RoadAttacks. I never heard a positive comment about the D220s, by the way. And they started to become squirrely about halfway worn. Rear only lasted 4,700 miles, and front was cupped badly, although only half worn at that point. Roads are very abrasive here in TX and NM, so I decided not to use tires with symmetrical blocks, so the Dunlops and Metzelers are out.

The Contis are like day and night compared to the D220s, and I should get at least the same mileage, and the grip difference is unbelievable. I plan to use the Avon AV45/46 next, just to see which of those 2 is better for my style of riding.

No way I'd ever go back to D220s, but there's nothing inherently wrong with them, so I'd finish them off, and use something else next time. I just wouldn't be overly aggressive with them, however. Hope this helps.

We put a set of Dunlop 220s on my wife's R-1150-R, the bike was a total loss in a collision before the tires were finished. From the miles that we put on them we can report that they were an OK tire. The front did start to cup badly, but they did appear to be wearing at the same rate. The collision was not at all related to the tires. I'd wear 'em out and try something else; I don't think I would put the 220s on another bike.

roadshadowww

Thanks for the posts on the 220's, I'll wear them down and switch to Pilot-Roads or Diablo-Stradas.

Regards

Archived