IGNORED

Riding boots

Whip

I want something waterproof....not too hot....comfortable for riding and hiking.....3 weeks only one set of boots allowed??????????????????????????????????local dealer sold me NITROs...not bad for riding or walking slow...not good for hiking or long walks....too tall...

Be careful you don't get toe nail fungus.

Waterproof boots can mean no air flow. Most motorcycle boots should be removed if you aren't riding. That's why you see so many long distance riders switch to sandals once they get off the bike for a long break or for the evening.

Les is more

Take a look at these Chippewas . I love mine. They're tough as nails, keep my feet dry (They got the tiniest bit damp in a long, torrential downpour), are comfortable for even 12 to 14 hour days, are great for walking and hiking and the insulation protects my feet in the hot or cold. (How do they know? dopeslap.gif)

Jamie ran into these boots as part of his wildland fire fighting equipment and found that they worked perfectly for riding the bike.

Lets_Play_Two

I think this requires a compromise. Any riding boots (Oxtar or Sidi, etc.) are not going to be comfortable for walking any distance. Boots that are comfortable for walking will not provide the same level of protection. I'd throw in some very light weight running or cross training shoes for off the bike.

I have a pair of Cruiserworks boots for sale. Good as new, only worn about 6 times. Waterproof and very comfortable. They are the classic style, no zippers or laces. I prefer boots with laces. Size 9 1/2, $155 shipped to your door. I paid about $240 for them.

Regards,

Rick

I have the Cruiserworks boots with the zipper up the side. Very easy to get into and after 2 years I have never had a problem with the boot or zipper. What I also like about them is that they look like normal boots and you can walk around in comfort. Pricey but good.

I have the Cruiserworks boots with the zipper up the side. Very easy to get into and after 2 years I have never had a problem with the boot or zipper. What I also like about them is that they look like normal boots and you can walk around in comfort. Pricey but good.
I have the exact same boots, they are terrific but I always was worried about them not having impact protection so I replaced them. Now I wear them in the winter weather and snow, slush and I can vouche for their waterproofability. I've stood in water up to my ankles and not a leak !!!

"I think this requires a compromise. Any riding boots (Oxtar or Sidi, etc.) are not going to be comfortable for walking any distance. Boots that are comfortable for walking will not provide the same level of protection"

If you accept the "trade-offs" as stated above, www.danner.com has as good a selection as any. It's what I wear.

regards

Hi Tec Viper Boots - $74.99 LINK

They have served me very well, are very comfortable, great grip, and great price. I do treat the leather with silicone weather proofer once a year. With rain pants on have never had a problem even in very heavy rain. Will definately buy them again once they wear out.

Action leather/900-denier nylon upper

Suede collar

Waterproof liner

Moisture-wicking lining

Rustproof hardware

Contoured removable insole

Steel shank

Molded EVA midsole

M-PACT heel air pad

Carbon rubber outsole

If you are looking for more of a hiking boot check these out - $54.97

Link

Waterproof suede leather and fabric upper with sealed seams... durable and lightweight in one

Waterproof / breathable Sympatex® membrane for all-weather wear

Lightweight compression molded EVA midsole

Durable, high-traction carbon rubber outsole

Board lasted with steel shank for added rigidity

Moisture wicking lining

Removable padded footbed

Rustproof brass hardware: 4-loop / 2-speed-hook lacing

Each approx. 6" h., 21 ozs.

I can vouche for their waterproofability. I've stood in water up to my ankles and not a leak !!!

I'll second (or 3rd, 4th) that (Cruiserworks). I ride to work everyday in wetstern Washington. Never seem a leak. Also wear them all day while at work. I've had this pair for over 2 years. No complaints. clap.gif

Global_Rider
I want something waterproof....not too hot....comfortable for riding and hiking.....3 weeks only one set of boots allowed??????????????????????????????????local dealer sold me NITROs...not bad for riding or walking slow...not good for hiking or long walks....too tall...

Simple...forget motorcycle boots and get hiking boots.

I've been using Asolo hiking boots for about 10 years now.

After 8 years, my first pair is still going and I recently bought another pair just like it but with Goretex...just like these...

ASOLO TPS 520 GV

Couldn't be bothered with MC boots. Too hot, too tall, too purpose specific and they look like **** when going out for dinner.

ShovelStrokeEd

Couldn't be bothered with MC boots. Too hot, too tall, too purpose specific and they look like **** when going out for dinner.

--------------------

They also provide both impact and twisting protection for the ankle and heel, extend impact protection up the shin and have a design that allows you to have a selection of where to place your foot on the pegs with no heels to hang up. But, what the heck, you must be more hiker than biker.

Whip,

I've been riding the nitro boots I bought off EBay for about 3000 miles now in the sun/heat here. I like them, easy to deal with, easy on and off, and I kind of like the funny looks I get in restaurants when my toe sliders bang into stuff.

Like Ed, function is everything, and for a budget boot they are pretty decent. I leave a second pair of work shoes in a desk drawer and change when I get to work. On a trip, I keep my running shoes in the trunk and swap out to walk more than a couple of blocks or so if I need to.

Global_Rider
They also provide both impact and twisting protection for the ankle and heel, extend impact protection up the shin and have a design that allows you to have a selection of where to place your foot on the pegs with no heels to hang up.

Exactly what my ASOLO hiking boots do; provide overall foot protection. They give lots of ankle protection and support, far more than any MC street boot.

As for shim protection, well how far up do you want to go? What about your knee? My Aerostich has padding. Besides, MC street boots hardly offer much shin protection if my shim ran into anything hard.

I like a heel; prevents my foot from slipping off the peg and the odd time it has offered the additional traction I need when at a standstill.

But, what the heck, you must be more hiker than biker.

I don't hike...a lot, but I want to be able to walk around and do some sightseeing when I'm off on my 4+ week tours. So I get a boot that does everything well under all temperature conditions and one that lasts, I might add. I've never considered myself a biker for the simple fact that I shower daily. I'm a motorcyclist. wink.gif

Archived