IGNORED

Anyone use this KryptoGear (aerostich) gear lock?

eakins

ClearwaterBMW

i've used it and similar devices

the wire pulls out and plugs in elsewhere

some have keys/some combo locks

they work ok/they really wouldn't stop someone from stealing something.... i use them to keep my jacket and helmet on the seat of the bike sometimes/when i'm not going that far away. for me.... the keep stuff from falling off the bike by putting the cable through my stuff and tightening it up as much as i can

they work ok

you'll get your money's worth from this item

greg

ericfoerster

Bill, While at Laguna Seca I had the great fortune of walking past hundreds of bikes while making the trip out to where I parked.

I was amazed to see hundreds of jackets, helmets, and assorted other riding gear just sitting out in the open.

A little closer look and I saw these things around the gear. A great idea.

One I saw was a looped cable with eyes on each end and a simple lock.

Next trip I take I'll have one on the bike thumbsup.gif

Bill,

I actually made my own. Get some 3/32" dia.(+-) vinyl coated cable from any hardware store and crimps to make an "eye" at each end. Then use shrink tubing or electrical tape to cover the metal crimp. I figured a length long enough for two jackets and helmets. Each "eye" then runs through the helmet lock loop under the back seat of the RS. Cost about $4.00 total. I figure any of these sort of things is a deterant at best. Works great!

I've used one for over two years now. Keep it in my tankbag, pull it out for short stops to secure my helment and jacket, then wind up the cable and go. Works Great. thumbsup.gif

Archived