IGNORED

Beloved Member Down

Les is more

If you haven't already, please RSVP for Rodger's memorial services in this thread.

Rodger's loved hamburgers and there will be burgers grilled after the services. Sue would like to know about how much food she needs.

I've lurked in this thread more times than I care to count. I never met our fallen brother, but I hurt for the loss nonetheless.

When ever anyone so loving and so loved is taken from us, I feel like life becomes more cold. My heart felt condolences go out to Sue and to all the other family and riders who were so loved by this man. You all have my prayers and support.

Just remember to remember our brother in the way he would have preferred -- by living, by loving, by having fun, and by riding.

A thought just occurred to me: I am sure he's hangin' with Gleno. Can you imagine the ribbing Gleno is putting on him about now?! Oh my goodness, so much for the "peace" Roger thought would be enjoying by this time!

Sue, mine and Linda's hearts go out to you and the boys. I am not sure where to start. I am still in shock from hearing about Rodger. I have known Rodger for over 36 years. My wife Linda & I were there when Rodger & Sue were married in the small town of Minden, NV. I remember it like it was yesterday. We will never let Rodger go far from our thoughts. Since we moved from S.D. to Ohio we didn't get to see Rodger & Sue as often as we wanted to, but they have always been close in our hearts. I will always remember Rodger as a person who would do anything for anyone anytime. We made many many trips to the desert with Rodger and Sue to ride 3 wheelers. Anytime anyone had a problem with anything not working right Rodger was always there to lend a hand and he didn't stop until it was fixed. God doesn't make them any better than Rodger. I could make a list a mile long of the times I watched Rodger helping me or someone else that was was in need. Like everyone else, I too will never forget Rodgers smile. From my experiences with Rodger and the comments on this website I know he lived life to the fullest and that he and I will have a lot of catching up to do when I see him again.

Denny Gustafson

dennygus@alltel.net

Here is a little video tribute to Rodger I put together. Thanks to all of you who posted or sent me pictures, as I used all of those, and added a few of my own. While the music isn't the power ballad song like I used for Gleno's farewell tribute, I think it fits Rodger's laidback style. I intercut some shots of beautiful Torrey, as that was where Rodger was heading. Thanks to those of you who took some amazing shots of Torrey!

For those of you with higher speed connections, you might want to click the "watch in high quality" link below the video...in low res some of the pix are blurry, but it all looks fine in high res.

Sue, I hope this honors Rodger, and the time he spent with this web community. We loved him, and we love you.

i kEEP dipping in and out of this thread...hoping that I'll be able to write something or wrap some words of comfort around us all...I cannot ... as I am just numb, and it isn't going away.

I am so sad -

I just found this thread. I haven't been on line too much lately as I was dealing with some personal issues of my own. A tragedy like this puts my issues in a different perspective.

I am truly sorry Sue to hear of your terrible loss. My prayers are with you.

Lisa, that's twice that you have done the most beautiful, thoughtful, and wonderfully crafted job in capturing the joy of one of our own, and how much he meant to us.

Thank you.

Godspeed, Rodger.

I just saw this thread as I was on vaca for the last 3 weeks. I only met Rodger this past summer at the Unrally yet I can feel the impact of this loss. This kind of news quickly puts life's ups and downs into perspective. My deepest condolences to Sue and all Rodger's family and friends.

At my 50th birthday party some years ago, when called in my then state of partial sobriety to say a few words to the assembled, I spoke about "legacy" and "leaving the world a better place"

While I never met this man, clearly he succeeded

This is such terrible and sad news... We are so sorry to hear of it and wish the best for Sue and the family.

Sincerely,

Larry & Marianne Villani

Urban Surfer

Very disturbing news, and what a great tribute from those who knew him. Makes me want to call people I haven't seen in a long time.

Very disturbing news, and what a great tribute from those who knew him. Makes me want to call people I haven't seen in a long time.

Calling old friends is something that should never be put off-- when the notion strikes, ACT!! -- one never knows---

Calling old friends is something that should never be put off-- when the notion strikes, ACT!! -- one never knows---

Boy that is soooo true. The night before my dad died I was to go see him. After work I had called and said I would see him the next day. It never happened....I regret that all of the time. So like Al says...act now not later for that call or visit.

And I will not be able to make the trip for the tribute. I did not know Signman, but I would go just out of respect. Others obviously have nothing but great things to say about him.

It is always said that one can always tell a great man by the number of people at his funeral.

Francois_Dumas

That was wonderful !!

We've been thinking about Sue a lot these days (I've been riding almost daily).

Today Nina and I go riding together again. We'll have Rodger and Sue in mind, no doubt about it.

We salute them.

• 4 months later...

Only recently aware of the tragic loss of Rodger. So hard to put thoughts into words. He was a wonderful person. My heart goes out to Sue and their family and all of the many people who knew and loved Rodger.

FLIronButtRider

No matter how often it happens, I am always stunned when we lose a board member. I didn't know Rodger well but I do remember meeting him in Colorado years ago. While I did not know him very well, this still hits me like a brick.

God speed, Rodger. Your family will be in my prayers.

I didn't know Rodger well but I do remember meeting him in Colorado years ago.

Yep, me too.

Yeah.

I'm starting to wonder if we should take to mounting little bells on our rides like the Harley guys do to ward off evil spirits.

I didn't know Rodger well but I do remember meeting him in Colorado years ago.

Yep, me too.

Yeah.

I'm starting to wonder if we should take to mounting little bells on our rides like the Harley guys do to ward off evil spirits.

Got Bell? I have mine.

I didn't know Roger, but God speed and prayers for his family.

2008-WunderlichProtectionBars002.jpg

Archived