IGNORED

Beloved Member Down

Les is more

This is just awful.

I can only hope that the joy of anticipation and the preparation for this Torrey gave him pleasure.

God speed... and may you rest in peace.

We enjoyed getting to know Rodger and Sue at May Torrey. Absolutely delightful people. Rodger will be sorely missed.

Jan and I send Sue and the family our condolences.

Sharon

My prayers go out to Rodger's family and friends. This is a terrible thing.

It hit me like a ton of bricks last night .. most of the time death has no build up like in the movies. It's not dramatic ...I lost a 14 year old niece a while back and she was on her way back from dance class, which she loved. She was laughing and happy ... then a few seconds later, she was gone. Probably the same with Rodger.

I know we can't actually live life like this is your last day ... but I would like to come as close to that as possible.

God bless Rodger's family.

DB

This is very very sad news. We got to meet Rodger and Sue at a few BMWST events and will miss Rodger terribly.

Sue and family- our prayers and condolences to you all-

Any help we can give- say the word.

RIP Signman....

After reading this yesterday I am still just as stunned today. I met Roger at my first ever Tech Day at Leslie's and Jamie's house in February 2005. We had some good laughs that day. Prayers go out to the family in their time of need.

Like Keith, I too met Roger at my first tech day at Leslie's and Jamie's in 2005. I still remember some of the things we laughed about that day. My condolences to the family.

I don't know him, but it's tragic to hear of the death of someone who means so much to a group of people who one gets to know through internet correspondence and a few meetings. My condolences to his friends and family.

oH mY...I am just numb - I cannot believe this...wow I am just empty.

So so sorry ... I am simply speechless ...

Prayers for the family going up as I type this...

crap this is just terrible news.

Roger and Sue were in the first group I rode with, a good solid rider who taught me a lot on that first ride while I followed him. He was smooth and consistant.

We rode together on his first BB1000.

He was a good man who shall be missed.

God speed Roger

I don't know what to say except that this seems to happen too often.

I wish I had known Rodger. From what everyone is saying, I missed meeting a great guy.

OMG Leslie. I am just sick to my stomach! Rodger is a neighbor and friend. This is awful.

M

I don't even know where to begin--I never wanted to write this kind of news.

Rodger Blakey, Signman here on the board, went down on his way to Torrey and was killed by on-coming traffic. They were going slowly away from a construction stop. Rodger, in the lead was moving over to pass a horse trailer when the trailer suddenly moved over too. When Rodger braked to avoid the trailer, he found himself in what Todd described as ice-slick hydraulic fluid.

Todd, Graydude, was with him and helped a doctor and nurse who stopped to render aid. They did 30 minutes of CPR but Rodger never regained consciousness. Graydude, who was not involved in the accident has stopped in Page Arizona. His wife will pick him up there. He doesn't have the heart to ride home alone.

Jamie called Rodger's wife Sue who is dealing with the news as I type this. We've told Rodger's kids that we're available for whatever they or Sue need. They only live 40 minutes up the hill from us

My heart is breaking. Rodger was one of the first people from this board that we rode with. He and Sue became dear friends in short order. His wry sense of humor, generous nature, gigantic heart and wonderful smile will never be forgotten.

I don't know what else to say right now.

I don't know any of you personally, but the caring nature of the BMWST members is one of the reasons I like this site so much.

My condolences to Rodger's family.

I didn't know Rodger but reading the posts, time with Rodger seemed to be special and cherished. He had a special way to bring joy to the folks around him. God blessed those that were fortunate to spend time with him and call him friend. Heartfelt condolences to all that loved and knew him.

Mike

I don't know any of you personally, but the caring nature of the BMWST members is one of the reasons I like this site so much.

My condolences to Rodger's family.

+1 :cry:

I don't think we ever met Rodger and Sue, but this kind of thing is just always awful to read has happened.

I never seem to know what to type in these situations, so I'll just say - sincere condolences to all that are touched in any way by this.

As much as we try to prepare ourselves for the bad that happens within our motorcycling community, it is always a shock when the ultimate happens.

Godspeed brother.

may the family be well.

MB>

Sincere condolences and after reading many of the posts, he must of been a very good man of tall stature and respect. Godspeed to him and his family.

Bob

Archived