IGNORED

R1200RT & Garmin 276C

Brimoon

Has anyone found a good solution to mounting a Garmin 276C on the new R1200RT? I'd be particularly intersted in a mount that would allow me to use the BMW tankbag at the same time. The RCU accessory shelf for the 12RT seems like a possible solution, but I'm concerned that GPS would be so high as to interfear with the windshield when it is lowered or it would be too much in my normal line-of-sight.

Any suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks,

Brian Mullins

I believe the bolt pattern on the handlebars is the same as on the 1150, meaning a handlebar bracket mount for an 1150 ought to work. Anyone know for sure one way or the other?

I have used the handlebar bracket with a 276 on my 1150 for years and like it very much. Not a good option for a Big Mak style back, however, as it will get in the way of the bag when you flip it up.

Yes though the left side is a bit smaller than the right side. Just small enough that a mirror has to be screwed into it rather than just placed into it like the right side.

Pdr_0035.jpg[/img]

I used an old mirror off my R1150R, sawed the mirror off, drilled and tapped it then installed a ram ball. Used the mirror hole on my 04 RT. I use a big mac tank bag(smaller one). I have to turn my bars to the right in order for the bag to clear. If you are interested, let me know and I can take and send you more pics. I went this route as with the mirror hole ball you can purchase, the left mirror was blocked. This arrangement puts my 276C in between the mirror and the speedo.

roadshadowww

Take a look at BMR products shelf for the 12RT you'll need to e-mail them for a photo it's to be released very very soon.

I had a BMR on my 04 RT, much better than the RCU item which I took off and gave away at the Spokane Rally when the BMR was installed.

Archived