IGNORED

Torrey XVI

Whip

Leave your cameras behind......nothin to see.....no snaps worth takin......U-G-L-Y!!!!!!!

....but I did the best I could........so far!

377946817_RFxFm-L.jpg

377947890_EQeRH-L.jpg

377954008_PuPEy-L.jpg

377955375_AYEk3-L.jpg

377955837_9jqR3-L.jpg

377957217_ZmrWT-L.jpg

377957508_mYcke-L.jpg

377958220_GWnjC-L.jpg

377959235_6LXMN-L.jpg

Killer..."Ya know, I don't think I've ever been on this road before"......."no I'm not lost"........."The compass can't be right"......."that way is not south"........

377959629_tbaXW-L.jpg

Ya'll better hurry........

:thumbsup:

SUHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tic Toc!!!

We launch 330 AM on Thursday. See ya late afternoon! I've got the Oban!

If not for the beauty of those pictures I'd say you're trying to set an unbreakable record for starting a ride tale before the event even begins. :smirk:

Nice shots.:thumbsup: Enjoy!

Well, since you've already shown us the scenery, I guess there's no other reason to be there.

Oh wait, I got that package from Mexico that I was supposed to bring. I guess I should come afterall. :wave:

We started out goin up "Sweeper Madness".

378743675_p4CQN-L.jpg

...our fearless leader.....Mr. Zumo

378744139_FUWtx-L.jpg

Old Highway 50...

378744579_2b54m-L.jpg

378745059_htFbo-L.jpg

378745583_AL8dF-L.jpg

378745954_7JvR2-L.jpg

378746299_KnKYN-L.jpg

As we started back on Gooseberry-Seven Mile Road from I-70....

378746727_uFY5S-L.jpg

....Till y'all get here we'll try to stay busy.

:wave:

WOW.....

I wish I could leave now.....

Has Fletcher been located yet?

We have 6 lbs. of carrots and we have not found Fletcher yet???????

We did find Boney and JohnLT though.....

Laarrryyyy,can you hear me?? I'm at the other end of town. Stayin' at the Sandstone Inn. I'll try to make it by Bob's place tomorrow or thursday.

73 degrees and clear when we got here today. Absolutely wonderful.

Colors look too vibrant to be real!
Nice pics, Whip...

Steve, Whip might be using a polarizing filter to produce the color vibrant photographic images shown above. Whip?

Mike O

The music is beautiful, rehearsals are good

The music is beautiful, reh . . . . .

The music is beau . . . .

SIGH

Colors look too vibrant to be real!
Nice pics, Whip...

Steve, Whip might be using a polarizing filter to produce the color vibrant photographic images shown above. Whip?

Mike O

Hey..

Just cause we're friends don't mean you can give up my secrets without being tortured.

BTW.........If your trailering your bike don't forget the keys.

If you do forget your keys Boney can show ya how to hot wire it...........since he spent all last night learning how to add this new skill to his resume.

The music is beautiful, reh . . . . .

The music is beau . . . .

SIGH

See HERE Ride Leslie, ride!!!! :)

If you do forget your keys Boney can show ya how to hot wire it...........since he spent all last night learning how to add this new skill to his resume.

Now that right there is funny!!

Must check the keys, must check the keys, must check the keys!!!

You know you're old when......

379637405_jPsYV-L.jpg

.....you wear your Roadcrafter while riding your YZ-F. :grin:

Nice, Whip. Very nice. :thumbsup:

To those that have a short memory......the weather can change in a hurry in Torrey.

204663602_zDuDz-L.jpg

.....the ride back over the mountain was also very interesting?????

Mrs Whip...."would ya mind stayin on our side of the road"

Tom....."I'm tryin to catch the Killer"

380105285_NSCjj-L.jpg

skinny_tom (aka boney)

Now that right there is funny!!

Must check the keys, must check the keys, must check the keys!!!

Keys are overrated. :/

I don't know if I like you guys any more.

Torrey is such a long long long long way (aka time) away from Virginia. It's beautiful here but there are many things I miss about the West. Like Sweeper Madness!! Are the tar snakes packed down now? Last time MarcoPolo and I rode that stretch they were spooky soft and squishy. We had to keep it under 95 for most of the route.

There are a zillion miles of phenomenal twisty roads here in Virginia, but I find myself riding considerably slower out here than I did in the West because all the ferking trees knock the sight distances down to a few yards. Can't see, slow down.

Hey Mark, remember the ride up the entrance road to Mesa Verde? Woohoo! Fabulous asphalt, banked turns, light traffic and sight distances measured in miles = FAST.

Alright, I've reconsidered, I still like you guys and can't wait to see you out East for the UnRally!

Doug

Sigh.

So Whip, I guess this means you survived Ike OK?

Hey Doug, great to "hear" from you. Yeah, I certainly remember Mesa Verde and Sweeper Madness. You think Torrey's a long way from Virginia, try Ottawa :) I did it this Spring with Tim, and that's all I can handle in one year. I've got next year's UnRally penciled into my calendar, and also the MOA rally, which is in Tennessee in July, about three hours past your place. Whether I'll make both remains to be seen, but you have to start somewhere, right?

I'm jealous - I grew up in New Mexico, Southern Colorado, and Wyoming and just LOVE the desert and wide-open spaces. There's nothing like it. Maybe next year I can make it to Torrey.

I've discovered some things to do here that you can't do in the stinking desert, though:

371000095_FbZQ2-L.jpg

370997470_tmomW-L.jpg

380729607_5mpHB-L.jpg

We use the bike for a shuttle vehicle between the drop and take-out points, best of both worlds!

Take care, have fun in Torrey, hope to see you here next year!

Doug

my sister in law is in Lexington, they love it.

Looks like some good shots of the James river, one of the few things I miss about Lynchburg, VA. I do love that area up near Buena Vista though. Ride 60 off the parkway (to the south) sometime. That road is just incredible. And of course, 501 from Buena Vista to Lynchburg is great too. :)

Shawn

skinny_tom (aka boney)

Friday was an eventful day!

A small group of us set off for a dual sport ride (Johnlt not in picture- he was too busy doing donuts and powerslides over in the gravel):

381189725_rpGDB-L.jpg

After a while we had our first get-off. Here's the rider getting a bit of help uprighting the bike:

381188941_h9fdd-L.jpg

By the way, we were only "this far" when it happened:

381193873_tUxD3-L.jpg

The group split up when the road went from bad to worse, the smart ones being those who turned around.

A bit further up the road there was a mechanical failure:

381189575_BkNbt-L.jpg

So the three remaining turned around and brought the bike back to the pavement. It was a short ride.

Plans were made, bikes were shuffled, trucks were retrieved, and then the two remaining went for a spin:

381188492_XiHuf-L.jpg

381192037_5sj4c-L.jpg

Torrey from a different view:

381192674_h5qed-L.jpg

Back at the ranch, Mrs. Whip says, "this is what you should do..."

381189992_fbh3a-L.jpg

And I'll be darned if she wasn't right:

381193397_9nkGK-L.jpg

Mrs. Baker was cooking up some of the most scrumptios, amazingly delicious, never to be equaled pot stickers:

381193662_4hrQG-L.jpg

Rumor is that someone ate 19 of 'em, then said "well I don't know about 20, that might put me over the edge." (It wasn't the person in the picture.)

Then Richard got there. The place lit up! But it wasn't because of his personality (believe it or not, this shot was taken long after sundown, without a flash)

381192738_4S2Mi-L.jpg

Archived