IGNORED

R1200 RT Heated Rear Seat Install

Lightspeed

I have a heated rear seat (low) available for my R1200RT. However my bike did not come with the heated seat option. This means that I do not have the seat heating switch normally located on the handlebars. Can I use an accessory switch and some kind of resistor and just tie it into the battery? The resistor would be used for the low setting. Any help from you electronic type readers is appreciated. confused.gif

Yeah you could go that route. A 100 ohm resistor for the low setting should be about right.

But if it was me rather than mucking up the dash of my new R1200RT with a dash switch I'd bite the bullet and order up the righthand switch gear with the factory switch for the seat. Right there where it should be when you need it.

The handlebar switch is for the front heated seat. The rear heated seat switch is on the rear seat itself on the lower front right side. It has a high and low setting.

I don't know for a fact but since the switch is on the seat you may be able to get by with wiring it to a switched power source. It should come with a long enough harness to work with.

Archived