IGNORED

Question on flip helmets

Tray

I have used HJC's for a few years (SyMax) and like them with one exception. Water leaks in around the top of the shield. Are there any flip helmets that do not do this? I was thinking of the new Nolan CX-1002. Anyone with one care to offer their thoughts?

My Shoie Syncrotec does not leak either.

When it is time for a new lid I do not think I will go with the Shoie this time.

The price has gone up drastically for some reason.

When I bought the one I have it was $300 delivered. They are now over $400.

The price is getting close to that of a Schuberth Concept II so I think I will go that way next.

I have used HJC's for a few years (SyMax) and like them with one exception. Water leaks in around the top of the shield. Are there any flip helmets that do not do this? I was thinking of the new Nolan CX-1002. Anyone with one care to offer their thoughts?

My AC-11 HJC leaks as well, and it p*sses me off! While I have not tried it, I believe you can proabably use a thin piece of rubber striping to fix. I'm going to try to use my old Nolan N100 top stip to see if it'll stop the leaks. Definately irritating though...

I have a Shoe Synchrotech as well. 99.99 % of the time it doesn't leak. I horizontal rain it leaks. (I don't ride in horizontal rain anymore. It wasn't fun. It was as close to a tornado as I care to be.)

That said, basically it doesn't leak. Also my BMW System 2 helmet NEVER leaked, just flat wore it out. clap.gif

If you're happy with the helmet otherwise glue a windscreen wiper blade at the top edge to see if that stops the problem.

I have the Jarow Mono X2 and it has started leaking. May have to try the windshield wiper trick.

Otherwise I love the helmet, especially the slide down dark visor.

Archived