IGNORED

Stereo Lid flashlight?

Flash1034

In the 2005 R1200RT owner's manual, it shows a small flashlight clipped underneath the stereo cover door. My bike has the clip but no flashlight. Did mine get ripped off or is that another thing I have to purchase if I want one?

Thanks,

Flash

I didn't get one and don't know anyone who did. I think that picture is just there to show what the clip is for. I thought a small Maglight would fit there, but it doesn't. The clip will only accept a really skinny light.

Easyrider5258 (Mark)

The small flashlight that fits is supplied by BMW with the K1200LT, when I traded my K1200LT for the R1200RT I kept the light :-)

The clip will only accept a really skinny light.
I have had a black mini-mag light clipped there since the day I picked my RT. maybe not all clips are created equal.
pigtrotters

Im in the dark with this one also... confused.gif

I didnt get one either.

I guess the self cancelling indicators are a bonus though clap.gif

My R12RT didn't come with one either. I had them order one for me, and it turned out to be an Eveready brand with a BMW sticker on the package. It looks pretty cheap to me, but it did fit in the little clip. I think it was about $12.

I also had them order me the rear fender extension that can be lowered in wet weather. The manual implies that this comes with the bike too, but it does not.

Jay

The fender extension is standard on the other side of the sea. But not hear the the USA. Be sure you check on the price. I also kept the flash light from my LT that I traded in for the RT.

Jay would you happen to have the part # of the fender extension? I was at the dealer Saturday and it wasn't in the parts fiche.

My R12RT didn't come with one either. I had them order one for me, and it turned out to be an Eveready brand with a BMW sticker on the package. It looks pretty cheap to me, but it did fit in the little clip. I think it was about $12.

I also had them order me the rear fender extension that can be lowered in wet weather. The manual implies that this comes with the bike too, but it does not.

Jay

My '05 RT included the flashlight clip, but no light. I happened to already have a mini-mag flashlight that I inserted in the clip. It was a bit tight fitting when I attempted to snap it into clip, however it does fit (at least on mine).

Is there any possibility that you could measure the diameter of the "factory" flashlight and post it here? If you can do that; I'll go find a quality flashlight that will fit perfectly and post the part number/name to this thread.

Joe

Jay

Flashlight:

Like ScottT, bought a Mini MAGlite at Wallyworld for about $10 - works great! Diameter of flashlight is a nominal 18 mm while the inside diameter of the clip is about 17 - 17.5 mm. I slide it into the clip rather than forcing the clip jaws apart.

Mudguard:

Just picked up and installed the mudguard extension - it is BMW part number 71 60 7 694 184.

Archived