IGNORED

Swing Arm Pivot Covers

BitScribbler

BitScribbler

I complained to my dealer the other day that the plastic cover off the right-hand swing-arm pivot was missing from my spiffy new R12ST.

He gently pointed out to me that "they all come like that sir". Blimey! I know BMW want to make a profit but that's ridiculous! I know I can buy after-market covers but honestly, how cheap is that!? I gather it's not just STs either.

Does anybody have a valid reason for BMW not covering this pivot, other than sheer meanness?

The right side of the bike was already too heavy. This keeps the bike in balance for better handling, on top of the better mileage and acceleration. smile.gif

Yea, I thought it was pretty cheap looking. It looks unfinished, which would be fine if it was the theme throughout the bike. But, it isn't.

Paul Mihalka

Another weight saving step from BMW: The latest bikes have no tool kits. They have the space, they come with the pouch, but nothing in it. I sell the bikes. I have a hard time explaining to the customers that it was not the dealership that "stole" the tools. frown.gif

Archived