IGNORED

2009 AMA Women and Motorcycling Conference

Lion_lady

Keystone Resort, Colorado. August 19-22, 2009.

I had such a blast at the last one (in '06, Athens, GA), that I'm already making plans to ride the 1700+ miles for this one. Hundreds of lady riders all in one place! Seminars, Demo bikes, Rides, Food, New Friends...

So, who's going?

2009 Women & Motorcycling Conference

Pam

Keystone Resort, Colorado. August 19-22, 2009.

I had such a blast at the last one (in '06, Athens, GA), that I'm already making plans to ride the 1700+ miles for this one. Hundreds of lady riders all in one place! Seminars, Demo bikes, Rides, Food, New Friends...

So, who's going?

2009 Women & Motorcycling Conference

Pam

I'm going!! Athens was an great event and I hoped there would be another. Seems every year there is rumor that they will not hold another women's event unless there are enough numbers?? Not sure if this is true or just simply rumor....but its definitely an event worth supporting.

And....awesome location!! :)

Cheryl

As long as my company manages not to schedule our annual conference on those dates, I am planning to attend. Not that it is a tough commute for me.....

I might be convinced that this is something I should really go to. Slabing it would take me through Nashville (hint hint). For those of us who will be at BRR can talk about it.

Someone invite Leslie Porterfield...

I believe at 232 mph on a Hayabusa she is the fastest woman on two wheels..

Record set at BUB motorcycle speed trials Bonneville UT Sept 2008.

MB>

So. I'd love to get some information about Keystone, CO from folks from around there.

I hear that since it is a "ski-town" there isn't much to do in the summer and not all of the accomodations have air conditioning. YIKES!! I'm curious, how likely is a person from the East Coast to have issues with the altitude?

P

I might be convinced that this is something I should really go to. Slabing it would take me through Nashville (hint hint). For those of us who will be at BRR can talk about it.

I'll be happy to give you room & board for a few days on your way through! Just let me know!! :lurk:

Well, if the next event is like the '06 one. You can make of the event what you want. There isn't really a set program.

Use it as an excuse to hang out with fellow lady riders, make new friends, do some shopping, explore new stuff. They'll have a line-up of seminars and classes (long distance riding, self-defence/personal safety, road-wrenching, accident scene management, etc.) plus "panel discussions" on various topics. Choose what looks interesting.

Social gatherings - a parade, followed by a block party. An ice cream social, fashion show.

Riding activiies - Printed ride sheets were available for those who are more inclinded to set their own pace, guided rides also, a skills course, track day opportunity (extra $), then there were the demo-trailers. Harley, BMW, Honda, Yamaha, etc.

And of course, vendors - booths inside and outside. I remember that Motolights was there, along with a cruiser "bling" customizer, tires, etc. helmets, clothing, riding gear.

P

So. I'd love to get some information about Keystone, CO from folks from around there.

I hear that since it is a "ski-town" there isn't much to do in the summer and not all of the accomodations have air conditioning. YIKES!! I'm curious, how likely is a person from the East Coast to have issues with the altitude?

P

Although I can't speak specifically to the situation in Keystone, I have lived in Denver, Durango, and Lake City, Colorado. In the mountains, it usually cools off considerably at night, 50's is pretty common, in some places, frost. So most places in the mtns don't have AC, and you probably won't miss it. Just open the window.

It might take you a few days to acclimate to the altitude, but if you are not engaging in a lot of strenuous activity (hiking or backpacking) you probably won't notice it.

Altitude Sickness Info

I would love to go! But I'll be in Spartanburg, SC for the start of another motorcycle event at the time this one is going on.

2006 was at a bad time too, can't remember why right now. Hopefully next time! Are they running every three years?

I would love to go! But I'll be in Spartanburg, SC for the start of another motorcycle event at the time this one is going on.

What the heck is going on in August of 2009 in my backyard? Spartanburg is about 20 miles from here.

Shawn

What the heck is going on in August of 2009 in my backyard? Spartanburg is about 20 miles from here.

Shawn

Iron Butt 2009. Miss Kitty is in the running. :clap: Go Kitty!

P

• 8 months later...

Okay. Resurrecting this thread. I've registered for the event, reserved a room. Are any of the lady riders on this site considering attending?

P

Sorry Lion ... that falls right around the time I'm hoping to be touring the NW with my brothers ... maybe next time :wave:

According to our travel plan, I will not be back from the Unrally yet, so I am not planning on attending this event. I wish I could make it, though. Maybe next time.

Archived