IGNORED

Aftrmrkt Seats

Zbeemerhead

Anybody have experience with the Cee Bailey brand seats for 1150 RT ? Does the interior construction (foam/padding) perform vastly better than a stock BMW 'comfort'(and i use than term loosely)seat ? I'm wondering how it would compare with the Sargent (griptex covered) version.....?

tanks fer yer toughts !

If you order the Sargent from the company, you have a 30-day return option, being out only two-way shipping. Should give you plenty of time to decide if you like it. Dunno if Cee does the same thing.

My experience with any seat on any bike is that it takes at least 1,000 miles to get to the point where you know it's right or wrong.

AdventurePoser
Anybody have experience with the Cee Bailey brand seats for 1150 RT ? Does the interior construction (foam/padding) perform vastly better than a stock BMW 'comfort'(and i use than term loosely)seat ? I'm wondering how it would compare with the Sargent (griptex covered) version.....?

tanks fer yer toughts !

Over the years I've spent the equivalent of the GNP of Ethiopia on aftermarket seats. Take my advice...go get yourself a Russell Day Long and be done with it.

There are many good aftermarket seats, but the RDL is the best for many reasons.

Good luck,

Steve in So Cal

tanks fer yer toughts !

Over the years I've spent the equivalent of the GNP of Ethiopia on aftermarket seats. Take my advice...go get yourself a Russell Day Long and be done with it.

There are many good aftermarket seats, but the RDL is the best for many reasons.

Good luck,

Steve in So Cal

And if you dont like it Steve well give you your money back,,,LOL

I don't have experience with the CB seat but have the RDL on my R75 and the Sargent (with griptex) on my R1100RT. I love the RDL on my R75 and I tried out the RDL on another R1100RT but found the rider's seating position to be too far forward. I have no complaints with the Sargent, I also use a sheepskin seat cover during the summer which greatly increases my comfort level.

If you order the Sargent from the company, you have a 30-day return option, being out only two-way shipping. Should give you plenty of time to decide if you like it. Dunno if Cee does the same thing.

My experience with any seat on any bike is that it takes at least 1,000 miles to get to the point where you know it's right or wrong.

My experience with the Sargent was that it took over 2000 miles to get the point to know it was right.

I have a Cee Bailey Seat on mine. Better than stock, but still causes you to lean forward even with seat jacks. It is high quality and is holding up like it is new, but not really much more comfortable... Looks good though.

I rode from Phoenix to Redding, CA to have Rick Mayer make a seat for the RT and R1200C. Naturally I had a 1000 mile ride home, so the ride back was sure more comfortable than the ride over. He has also made seats for the R1200GS A and my two Harley Classics.

They work for me. As they say, only your butt knows for sure. :thumbsup:

By the time I gave up and decided my Sargent seat just wasn't any more comfortable than my stock R12ST seat, all Sargent would do about it was to ask for more of my $. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on ME!

I have a CB on my '06 1200RT. Stock seat was killing me. CB seat was not built up correctly initially, and I could only ride 200 miles on it w/o pain. That's right, 200 miles.

I called them and they told me to send it right back. I happened to be nearby, so I dropped by the factory and had the head of their seat program measure me, and he was the one to re-build the seat. Since I was a re-do they moved my seat to the head of the line.

Received the redone seat within 5 days and it worked fine. That was around a year ago, and I've done many multi-day rides since and the seat is fine.

The seat heat control remains on the grip, not moved to the seat as some do. This was an aesthetic consideration for me. On the re-do I also had CB add a bit of stitching across the seat to provide friction since I was slipping occasionally with the bike leaned over (spooky).

Shouldn't have had to have it redone, but the result is fine and I'm satisfied with how it looks and how it performs. I'd have looked more seriously at other vendors if they didn't move the heater switch down to the side of the seat.

Archived