IGNORED

Team Overkill Builds Motorcycle Garage

David

No, I don't have OCD. :/

Time to come clean....how much time did you spend trying to figure out how to get the table level AND the cabinets under it to line up?

And how many hours per night do you lay awake in bed obsessing over it?

:grin:

Not too long. The rollout cabinets follow the slope, and the bench follows the level. I thought about custom ordering some taller cabinets.

Not really.

Wow!! Great job; it really looks good! :clap:

I'm curious; can the tiles be easily cut in order to fit when you reach the wall(s)?

Was it difficult to make them "flush" with the wall?

My garage looked that clean once.... And then I moved in.

I used to be able to find things in less than a minute or so. Now if it takes me longer than a beer, I just buy a replacement. So I suspect I could justify building a garage like yours based solely on savings of the duplicate tools I would no longer have to purchase.

Nice job, David. I only wish I had room for a lift, and ducted heat, and a bigger work bench and...(the list goes on)

Mike O

(what? no microwave?)

I like it. It's beautiful!

I already have "finish the garage" on Jan's honey-do list. You may have provided some additional incentive for him to get that one completed.

Outstanding! I could spend hours and hours in there. Do you leave the keys under the mat or in the flower pot when you are out of town?

I know you'll enjoy using the new shop, but if you are anything like me I'll bet the real joy was the planning and execution phases of the project.

Do you leave the keys under the mat or in the flower pot when you are out of town?

I think he just nails the code on a piece of paper to the door jamb outside the garage door. :dopeslap::grin:

Which reminds me, there's no fridge for beer. Darn.

No Fridge????

04643173000.jpg

Priorities, David! Priorities!!! :D

Nice job.

FYI -

I did buy the Wirlpool Garage Fridge in that pic along with 2 of the small, under bench style. Doesn't eveyone need 3 fridges outside the kitchen?

I am EXTREMELY disappointed in them. They are supposedly designed for garage type use where it can get much colder or hotter than a kitchen. They are not consistent in temperature. I finally gave up trying to use the large one in the picture as designed, which is the top for a garage fridge and the bottom for extra freezer space. By the time the freezer was at the right temp, it would freeze the drinks in the top unit - big mess when they explode. I'm now using it as a dual door freezer. The small, under bench units won't hold temp, too cold when it is cold (not that it actually gets cold in SoCal), not cold enough when it is hot. If you adjust it to cold enough for a hot day, then it freezes up when it cools off. All in all, a waste of $2,500. Amazing, when you consider how nice the cabinets and benches are from the same company.

Wow, David! It didn't look too bad the when I was there before the WVa UN, but that looks really great! Now I may have to do a little more with mine....

All in all, a waste of $2,500. Amazing, when you consider how nice the cabinets and benches are from the same company

That suks. :eek: [i only posted it because of the diamond plate]

Hell, it'll be a long time before I get a nice garage [much less refrigerator] like DB's. :cry:

And, yes, there is a reason why I don't post pics of my garage :dopeslap:

I'll leave the key under the fourth rock from the third bush. Just keep looking. :/

You have a plant named Jeb?

Uh-oh, political humor. Here come the other mods.

Well then who's on first?

Yes.

I mean the fellow's name.

Who.

The guy on first.

Who.

The first baseman.

Who.

The guy playing...

Who is on first!

I'm asking YOU who's on first.

That's the man's name.

That's who's name?

I'll leave the key under the fourth rock from the third bush. Just keep looking. :/

You have a plant named Jeb?

Uh-oh, political humor. Here come the other mods.

My first thought also.

I think more birds of a feather, rather than great minds... :grin:

For sure they're on the Third Rock from the Sun. :wave:

Very sweet...

Do the tiles have give or are they hard plastic?

I like the hose reel on the ceiling I've been wanting to do that for awhile myself.

Lone_RT_rider
I'm open any time if you bring donuts. Which reminds me, there's no fridge for beer. Darn.

Good beer should be served at cask temps anyway... :grin:

Great job David!

Shawn

Just the title of this thread alone made me giggle. :grin: The I saw the pictures... eek.gif Somebody, quick, put a logo together for "Team Overkill". One of those toolboxes is dying to have a sticker on it. :Cool:

:lurk:

Had to keep it elsewhere doing the remodel. It's headed back this week! :thumbsup:

(I have been riding it from it's alternate home.)

Archived