IGNORED

Don't flip your lid!

dmenace

The lid on one of my side boxes opened while riding to work this morning. It fell open while riding straight and acted as a pivit when I layed it over for the next turn (70+ mph). It felt like a flat, sand, ice, etc. for a nano second. Has this happened to anyone else?

Dennis

I personally not only latch both lids... but I lock them... I carry things like my notebook computer and riding gear in them year-round.

The lid and latch were both visually closed. Joe no doubt has the solution...lock them. It sure was a surprise.

Dennis

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

So can you close them without locking them?? This is not an option on the `99. I guess that technically you could, but the handle is sticking up and they are not latched onto the carrier in that fashion.

So can you close them without locking them?? This is not an option on the `99. I guess that technically you could, but the handle is sticking up and they are not latched onto the carrier in that fashion.

No you can't. Your sidecase WILL fall off if you do that. DAMHIK

--sam

The new cases can be left unlocked (still latched closed).

Yes indeed you can on my 05

I seldom lock my cases and the cases seem to be very secure on my bike. If this happens to another 1200 rider than I will reconsider but I like the convenience of having them unlocked.

Archived