IGNORED

Finally Restored

Knifemaker

As some of you know I love restoring older motorcycles...The work is now complete (yes I know some of you do not like Hondas) I finished restoring afer many long hours my 1965 Honda CA95 150 Touring Dream...(saddles bags are in paint)

When I bought her someone had spray painted her school bus yellow. The Benly is now it's original color with all original parts...

Before restoration:

361940896_gDXTq-L.jpg

361940903_wfhY8-L.jpg

After taking the rust off the new look....

361941066_KMGj3-L.jpg

361941114_NykpV-L.jpg

361941001_GmyMY-L.jpg

361941155_aBe9T-L.jpg

361940986_23uZM-L.jpg

361941123_jDucS-L.jpg

If you have never attempted a restoration I can highly recommend it the work and time is well worth it......

enjoy....

Now that is a beauty! Congratulations!! How long did it take you to restore it? Will you ride it or will it be displayed behind glass or some other fashion?

I just saw a Honda SL 70 completely restored a month ago. My best friend owned it and the memories came flooding back from 1972. I had a blast riding that bike. It sure seemed larger at the time vs. now. For his 50th birthday I sent a picture of it to him and he loved it.

I have a CB350 sat in my garage awaiting restoration - I hope I make as good a job of it as you have.

Nice work

Andy

Nice. Very nice.

A Harley, Beemers, and now a 60s Honda. Do you just buy a Clymers and have at it? Can I borrow your shop? :grin:

Bill

How long did it take you to restore it? Will you ride it or will it be displayed behind glass or some other fashion?

About 3 months of working about 4-5 hours a day every day during the week and sometimes all day during the weekends...

Hopefully the Benly will be ridden....that's my hope and the reason for restoration...

A Harley, Beemers, and now a 60s Honda. Do you just buy a Clymers and have at it? Can I borrow your shop?

Yea I am not too brand specific....The bike has to reach out and touch me....

You forgot my Guzzi.... :grin:

Shop? What shop...wish I had one....I just crawl all over the things in the garage trying to get to what I need to get to.

Oh, that is VERY NICE, Bill. :thumbsup:

As I told you a couple of weeks ago, I have fond memories of being dragged behind one of those on a sled in the snow as only a 9 yr. old could appreciate. (Can you say snow/mud in the face?) :grin:

So, what's next?

:lurk:

P.S. Keep the paint bombs away from it!

Paul_Burkett

Beautiful job of restoration, that is a classic looking bike and to see it in that condition makes the owner a proud papa.

I just happened upon your post and couldn't believe my eyes. That was my first motorcycle! I had a '66 but it looked exactly like yours. Perhaps not exactly, mine was quite beat up. It was black, however. Alot of memories came flooding back when I saw your pictures. Beautiful job!

I just happened upon your post and couldn't believe my eyes. That was my first motorcycle!

Did you do all the polishing yourself

Thank you for the good responces...Classic, Beautiful, and that was my first motorcycle...are ALL the reasons why I picked and always wanted to have this bike as part of my stable.

No, I cleaned and polished every one of the bolts and washers myself.

So, what's next?

Excellent question.......

Anyone have something in the garage they keep saying they will get to and knows they never will? I am always open to suggestions... :grin:

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Sweet!

I'd love to do that with a "72 450CL, my third bike. I loved that bike and had to let her go when I left Okinawa. It cost more to ship home it than I paid for it new ($472. no tax). Ah, the good old days.

Rich

Wow! Great job on the restoration Bill. That's a beautiful bike.

I have a old, (1967 I think) Sears 106 "catalog bike" made by Gilera. It in rough condition, doesn't run but most everything's there. (Missing the magneto cover, rear wheel/tire, chain and seat, otherwise intact) :eek: . Price: FREE. If you're interested let me know.

Rick

Very pretty Bill.

Can't wait to see you out and about on it!

One question though... You gonna hang davits on the back on the hack and carry the Honda as a spare? :dopeslap:

Excellent restoration, Bill. Can I look forward to seeing it in person at next Spring's "Riding into History" exhibition?

The bike will be at "Riding Into History"

Anyone have something in the garage they keep saying they will get to and knows they never will? I am always open to suggestions... :grin:

Great job, the bike is beautiful!!!!!!

BTW

This guy thought he should be next....

217112342_4SsPd-L.jpg

:grin:

Whip

Francois_Dumas

She looks wonderful Bill !!!

I remember drooling over the new 4-stroke Honda's around 1965.... only to be had for the truly rich school kids. They sounded soooooo nice compared to the stinky 2strokes we were all riding ! And they had 4 gears instead of 2 or 3 !

You meet the nicest people on a Honda.

yOU mEET the nicest people working on restoring a Honda....

really really nice job KMaker.! - wow - how many hours, brutha..?

I just happened upon your post and couldn't believe my eyes. That was my first motorcycle!

Did you do all the polishing yourself

Thank you for the good responces...Classic, Beautiful, and that was my first motorcycle...are ALL the reasons why I picked and always wanted to have this bike as part of my stable.

No, I cleaned and polished every one of the bolts and washers myself.

So, what's next?

How about a 2-stroke? There was a late 70's 150cc dual sport for sale at a Kawi dealer near ne. Needs a lot of work, but would make a fun bike for tooling around.

Wow and i thought my old Honda was nice. Someday mine will get a full restoration. My dad bought it brand new in 1967 for $649. It was past down to me once i was old enough to know not to destroy it in the woods behind our house. It's still fun to ride.

1967scrambler4-3-05.jpg

Someday mine will get a full restoration.

1967scrambler4-3-05.jpg

My favorite saying when it comes to restoring old bikes is...."If she has made it this far she deserves it!!"

and to quote Tom......yor bike is "WORTHY"

I had a '62 150 Dream myself. I thought the Benley (Benly?) was a 125 though. Still and all a beautiful bike now.

The accepted Benly models are the 90, 125, and 150

Archived