IGNORED

Marc Parnes Wheel Balancer Strikes Again

GaryIF

Just finished rebalancing the wheels from my '03 R1150RT, using Marc Parnes wheel balancer. Unbelievably simple yet accurate. In fact, more accurate than the dynamic balancing done by the shop that installed my tires a few months ago. The front wheel needed only 1/2 oz. of weight, not the 1 oz. installed, and in a different location. The back had the right amount of weight, just located incorrectly by a few inches.

The ride went from a slight vibration at 80 mph to smooth as glass.

Usual disclaimer -- no affiliation with the product or person. Just a very, very pleased customer. FWIW.

What are you using to set the balance shaft upon?

Used a set of jackstands. Doing it on our kitchen counter provided a perfect location, heightwise, but was not exactly what my wife had in mind when she encouraged me to take up riding years ago.

I bought a set of aluminum jack stands from Pep Boys that fit the ends of the balancer perfectly - they were like $35-40 and they come apart.

13967770-M.jpg

I bought a set of aluminum jack stands from Pep Boys that fit the ends of the balancer perfectly - they were like $35-40 and they come apart.

That's how I have mine set up. Works like a charm. I just pull up a 5 gal bucket to sit on and in a matter if minutes I have a perfecly tuned wheel.... cool.gif

Archived