IGNORED

Alpine, AZ Questions

Limecreek

Very tempting... Sharon is thinking about it. If we want to leave the bikes down south again this winter this would be a good time to do it.

The last time I said we were 40% (SF TechDaze) it worked like a charm... so we are 40%.

Jan

Greg just told me I am going to AZ & NM, sounds like a fine time indeed. As Jim Morrison said "The West is The Best". I am ready for a road trip with some of my favorite people, good cigars and the telling of lies. I will be on the look out for high flying geese.

Looks like we're getting a good group together. Come on, folks. This may be the last good weather ride of the season for many of you before the snow flies and the temps plummet. Besides, you may get to see Whip in his favorite Norman Bates costume. What more could you want!

Greg just told me I am going to AZ & NM, sounds like a fine time indeed. As Jim Morrison said "The West is The Best". I am ready for a road trip with some of my favorite people, good cigars and the telling of lies. I will be on the look out for high flying geese.

I am hurt! Steve just told me I wasn't invited...

Dear God....

Norman Bates thinks he's Picasso

Kettle....meet pot... :grin:

At least you didn't accuse me of Photoshopping....the moon.

:lurk:

I am hurt! Steve just told me I wasn't invited...

Everyone is invited. It's just that most of us are pretty scared to be going. Attend at your own risk.

And I'd watch out for that Steve character. He may look harmless, but...

I have no idea who you are. Whining in this group will get you no where fast. I suggest you try a different approach to say hi as I see you have recently joined such as "Hi I am a nerd.... oops...... noob" and introduce yourself that way.

I'd agree with Tom on 180, it is a great road. And...since you're heading to 180, don't forget NM 152 into Silver City.

Hate to interrupt the current thread in progress, but I have a question. I told Steve McKinely that I was heading over to New Mexico on the 12th of September for my Aunt's 60th birthday. I asked him for some ideas of roads in the area. He pointed me to this thread.

My question is what are the temperatures historically like in the Alpine and Silver City area mid September? Should we stay north up into the Colorado mountains or will the temperatures be below 100 in the shade?

Thanks in advance. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to contact me offline. mrr1150gs@yahoo.com

I have no idea who you are.

I am hurt! Surely you remember me whipping you racing catamarans?

How about me letting your ride my K75s before you ever thought about owning a bike?

Whining in this group will get you no where fast. I suggest you try a different approach to say hi as I see you have recently joined

If you notice, I joined in 2003. I know time is speeding by, but that is not that recent.

To any that were offended, I apologize. I tend to spend more time on www.twtex.com and www.advrider.com.

I think when I joined this group, it was called something related to a RT. I could be wrong about that.

To formally introduce myself, I have been riding bikes since the early 70's. My first BMW was a 1987 K75s. It was a great bike with a terrible transmission. I sold it last time it died "as is". Steve, who was riding a R1150RT at the time, talked me into a '01 R1150GS. Steve later bought the Adventure version. He also talked me into an Aprilia Futura. It was a good bike, but had it's problems. After wrecking the Aprilia, I sold it and traded the 1150GS in on a R1200GS Adventure that looks exactly like the one Steve bought 6 months later.

After taking a spring trip to Baja, I now own a KTM 690 enduro also. It would be really fun out in the mountains. I still can't see me riding from West Houston to Santa Fe on it though.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled discussion.

The temperatures in Alpine should be very pleasant around that time, highs in the upper 70s, lows around 50. Silver City is warmer; highs in the upper 80s and lows in the mid 50s.

The temperatures in Alpine should be very pleasant around that time, highs in the upper 70s, lows around 50. Silver City is warmer; highs in the upper 80s and lows in the mid 50s.

When are you gonna be there???????????????

Silver City.... Weather

Alpine.... Weather

It could be rather cool....bring the Gerbings.

Whip

When are you gonna be there???????????????

Silver City.... Weather

Alpine.... Weather

It could be rather cool....bring the Gerbings.

Whip

Whip, my buddy, you need to read the whole post. I was responding to this section:

My question is what are the temperatures historically like in the Alpine and Silver City area mid September? Should we stay north up into the Colorado mountains or will the temperatures be below 100 in the shade?

I was giving him the mid-September temperatures. Early November temps are much cooler.

How'd I get in the middle of this???

All I said was that I agreed with Tom that 180 was a great road. Now I'm mis-quoted and in the middle of a Weather War! :eek:

Now I'm mis-quoted and in the middle of a Weather War! :eek:

Some people just attract "stuff" like that and it couldn't happpen to a better person!

All I said was that I agreed with Tom that 180 was a great road. Now I'm mis-quoted and in the middle of a Weather War! :eek:

You're right, 180 is a great road.

So, does this make you a Weather Warrior?

Why are you always taking Whip's side in thing Toby? I mean I think you owe Ed an apology. Saddens me that more people can't get along talking about the weather.

Why are you always taking Whip's side in thing Toby? I mean I think you owe Ed an apology. Saddens me that more people can't get along talking about the weather.

Your just jealous :grin:

Thanks for your shower of support Tom.

I'm having trouble weathering this torrent of turbulent and blustery posts that have rained down on me. It is difficult to remain calm in this atmosphere. I still don't know what I did to precipitate the flood of criticism. One thing is for sure, this has cast a fog over the whole event and put me into the doldrums to a degree that I did not think was possible.

I like to think I am the eye in this great storm of debata amigo. And you know that no matter if it is high or low pressure in the forecast, I got your back.

Speaking of being in the eye of the storm. I may have to postpone our ride this weekend. Looks like Ike is heading right toward us.

Maybe I will just wait and ride with you guys in October.

• 1 month later...
Speaking of being in the eye of the storm. I may have to postpone our ride this weekend. Looks like Ike is heading right toward us.

Maybe I will just wait and ride with you guys in October.

Look under rides and planing,,Silver City Bash,,,,,,Oct 31,,,,,

Archived